Eli Stove -- Torn ACL

Tiger

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

I don't know who he is.....I was genuinely asking....lol. 

Journalist or something of that sort. 

11 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I don't know who he is.....I was genuinely asking....lol. 

He covers Auburn sports for 'Inside the Auburn Tigers' (ITAT), along with Mark Murphy.

18 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

"The extent of the surgery performed by Dr. James Andrews has not been revealed, but missing the entire 2014 season is "not in the thought process" for Lawson's family, his father, Carl Lawson, Sr. told AL.com."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxsports.com/south/story/auburn-de-carl-lawson-will-miss-majority-of-season-with-acl-injury-071414%3famp=true

And directly from the article:

"He injured his knee the last week of spring practice," said Malzahn. "Dr. Andrews looked at it, wanted to wait a couple weeks ’till the swelling went down to be sure. He confirmed he needed surgery. It was successful."

Malzahn praised Lawson’s work ethic and training regimen, and said the sophomore might be back by the end of the 2014 football season."

This is precisely why the board debated for multiple pages about the Lawson injury and how long he would realistically be out.

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxsports.com/south/story/auburn-de-carl-lawson-will-miss-majority-of-season-with-acl-injury-071414%3famp=true

And directly from the article:

"He injured his knee the last week of spring practice," said Malzahn. "Dr. Andrews looked at it, wanted to wait a couple weeks ’till the swelling went down to be sure. He confirmed he needed surgery. It was successful."

Malzahn praised Lawson’s work ethic and training regimen, and said the sophomore might be back by the end of the 2014 football season."

This is precisely why the board debated for multiple pages about the Lawson injury and how long he would realistically be out.

I would say Malzahn's "might be back" is very mild in comparison to Lawson Senior's "not in the thought process". In fact, Lawson Senior's comment came shortly after the surgery, so he actually put Gus in a position where he had to deal with that claim.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I would say Malzahn's "might be back" is very mild in comparison to Lawson Senior's "not in the thought process". In fact, Lawson Senior's comment came shortly after the surgery, so he actually put Gus in a position where he had to deal with that claim.

Sure, that's fine, you saw it from his dad I saw it from Gus. The message is the same so it really doesn't matter to me who said it first but the fact remains the statement warranted doubts then just as it does now. I don't think Stove will play this year like Lawson didn't play that one year. I'm not rooting for that to happen but I'm just thinking it's unrealistic to think he will see the field this upcoming season.

The odds are not in his favor, lets just put it that way.

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

Sure, that's fine, you saw it from his dad I saw it from Gus. The message is the same so it really doesn't matter to me who said it first but the fact remains the statement warranted doubts then just as it does now. I don't think Stove will play this year like Lawson didn't play that one year. I'm not rooting for that to happen but I'm just thinking it's unrealistic to think he will see the field this upcoming season.

The odds are not in his favor, lets just put it that way.

Keep in mind that Stove has nearly 2 more months of recovery time than Lawson had. I'm optimistic, but I'm certainly not going to lay money on it or anything like that.

Lawson’s knee to be fair was a mess. The debate about how bad it was caused me stress. During that time frame, for those that remember, i went out of my way to give factual info.

in this case, i think Stove can be back before the end of the year, but being ready game one is too optimistic in my opinion.  I would guess that he could start testing the knee during fall and then realistically mid year before he could cut on it like he needs to. Just my opinion tho. 

Archived