Fox News Contributer leaves

auburnphan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Never saw him. What time did he usually appear?

And where are they heading?

try reading the article, good Lord

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Ok. Now can you answer my questions? 

Yes, the Lord is good. 

I think it's pretty early on in the article:

"Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration," wrote Peters

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Ok. Now can you answer my questions? 

Yes, the Lord is good. 

"Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration," wrote Peters

sorry you suck at reading comprehension

Just now, auburnphan said:

sorry you suck at reading comprehension

I asked what time he usually appeared and where they are heading. It looks like you're trying to implicitly answer the second while ignoring the first. 

Not withstanding my first question, my second question was inferred from your last statement. I didn't know if you meant they were going to lose ratings, hire other people, shut down, etc. 

I'm sorry you "suck" at having civil discussion. 

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think it's pretty early on in the article:

See most current response to phan

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I asked what time he usually appeared and where they are heading. It looks like you're trying to implicitly answer the second while ignoring the first. 

Not withstanding my first question, my second question was inferred from your last statement. I didn't know if you meant they were going to lose ratings, hire other people, shut down, etc. 

Shoot...thought it was someone important....just a hired gun to talk on military matters.....one of a dozen out there ...not like he had any particular insight that was unique or that revealing.    I don't watch Fox that much but I would have never known he was gone if someone had not pointed it out....he had no regular slot.     

Just now, AU64 said:

Shoot...thought it was someone important....just a hired gun to talk on military matters.....one of a dozen out there ...not like he had any particular insight that was unique or that revealing.    I don't watch Fox that much but I would have never known he was gone if someone had not pointed it out....he had no regular slot.     

I'm right there with you. That's why I asked what time he usually appeared. auburnphan is being hostile though

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Why does it matter when he was on?  Why would anyone but his wife, assuming he was married, know when the network asked him to be on?  He was  not a pundit/host, he was a contributor for over a decade.  The mere concept tells anyone that he is on when Fox asks of him to be on because they needed his expertise..........

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Why does it matter when he was on?  Why would anyone but his wife, assuming he was married, know when the network asked him to be on?  He was  not a pundit/host, he was a contributor for over a decade.  The mere concept tells anyone that he is on when Fox asks of him to be on because they needed his expertise..........

But it doesn't. I can name/recognize contributors that appear regularly. I'm not familiar with this guy. So, that't why I asked the question. 

Why do you seem upset? Have you had a bad day?

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

But it doesn't. I can name/recognize contributors that appear regularly. I'm not familiar with this guy. So, that't why I asked the question. 

Why do you seem upset? Have you had a bad day?

Bless your heart

This guy has been a long time regular contributor on Fox on intelligence and military matters.  I recognized him instantly.  Maybe this will jog your memory:  he's the dude that got suspended for a bit for calling Obama a "total pu**y" on air for his handling of Putin and Russia.  The guy's conservative bonafides are unimpeachable.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

This guy has been a long time regular contributor on Fox on intelligence and military matters.  I recognized him instantly.  Maybe this will jog your memory:  he's the dude that got suspended for a bit for calling Obama a "total pu**y" on air for his handling of Putin and Russia.  The guy's conservative bonafides are unimpeachable.

I do recall that.

I think he also called Tucker Carlson a Nazi sympathizer and a friend of Putin...

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I do recall that.

I think he also called Tucker Carlson a Nazi sympathizer and a friend of Putin...

Conservative? .....he struck me as a reactionary or militarist and I've heard his comments for years. I always thought he was a bit off center :dunno: 

I've never heard him voice a single social or economic opinion that I would associate with political conservatism.  He is being mischaracterized here. JMO

4 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Oh wow. One FOX contributor is pissed for some reason so all of FOX News sucks. He has been on a long time and don't what the deal is now. He is big hawk and a long time Obama critic so I'm not sure what to make of his sudden problem.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Oh wow. One FOX contributor is pissed for some reason so all of FOX News sucks. He has been on a long time and don't what the deal is now. He is big hawk and a long time Obama critic so I'm not sure what to make of his sudden problem.

That perhaps he has a point and that Fox is changing in significant ways that even a staunch conservative should be concerned about?

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

I don't get the cognitive dissonance about this.  ("He was an Obama critic"......:-\)

Not all conservatives lack integrity.

And a Tucker Carlson critic. You don’t mess with Tucker.

9 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

That perhaps he has a point and that Fox is changing in significant ways that even a staunch conservative should be concerned about?

Or perhaps there was a dispute over dickard terms in his contract and the letter is just a smoke screen.

21 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Or perhaps there was a dispute over dickard terms in his contract and the letter is just a smoke screen.

Reasonable chance......so how soon will be be on CNN or MSNBC as a contributor ?

29 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Which I'm sure you have evidence for.  I mean, he can point to several instances of what he's complaining about.  You're pulling speculation out of your arse.

If it's about a contract dispute, Fox certainly left a golden opportunity on the table to say so:

...In an interview, Peters, 65, who lives in Warrenton, Va., said he never intended his email to become public and that he wasn’t trying to “grandstand” about his differences with the network, which he joined as a contributor in 2008. But he offered no apologies.

Instead, he said he wrote the email because Fox’s hosts — whom he did not single out by name — are “hurting the country.”

“It’s not complicated,” he said. “It’s not. It may sound corny to say I took an oath as an officer, but it’s true. I just feel for their selfish reasons, they’re doing damage to the country.”

In a statement in reply to Peters, Fox said, “Ralph Peters is entitled to his opinion despite the fact that he’s choosing to use it as a weapon in order to gain attention. We are extremely proud of our top-rated prime-time hosts and all of our opinion programing.”

To which Peters replied: “If I’m seeking attention why the [expletive] did I just quit Fox and the chance to speak to millions every day?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/fox-news-commentator-exits-with-a-searing-attack-on-fox-news/2018/03/20/fc876fc4-2c81-11e8-8ad6-fbc50284fce8_story.html?utm_term=.63fb1f640355

Archived