Auburn at Ga Tech

Tuesday game got underway about 45 minutes ago and game is not on TV....been raining off and on but has not stopped the game.   Tech got a run in the first and that is it for the scoring ...

www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-basebl/sched/aub-m-basebl-sched.html

You can find the game here....

Top of 3rd....AU down 1-0....

Yikes.  Bad 4th inning for Jack Owen in his first start.  A 3-run homer ends his first start for the Tigers.  6-0 Tech B4.

29 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Yikes.  Bad 4th inning for Jack Owen in his first start.  A 3-run homer ends his first start for the Tigers.  6-0 Tech B4.

Oh my....you did not hold the score for me....just had a supper of peal your own shrimp and came back to this in the 6th....and AU with a runner on base after error by the Tech shortstop....

Davis playing left tonight.....Anthony first....some experimenting on defense tonight it seems..

Couple men on with two outs.....the time when AU usually starts a rally.  Something like 3/4 of our runs this year have scored after 2 outs....

Anthony on second, Davis on first and Estes at the plate....Estes hits it hard but good play by the Tech second baseman gets force at 2nd to end the inning and end of the 6th and we still trail 6-0

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Tuesday game got underway about 45 minutes ago and game is not on TV....been raining off and on but has not stopped the game.   Tech got a run in the first and that is it for the scoring ...

www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-basebl/sched/aub-m-basebl-sched.html

You can find the game here....

Top of 3rd....AU down 1-0....

It's on the ACC Network.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

It's on the ACC Network.

Thanks....saw that but could not get it to connect....:dunno:    but I like baseball by radio.....reminds me of my childhood I guess when that's all we had......

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Thanks....saw that but could not get it to connect....:dunno:    but I like baseball by radio.....reminds me of my childhood I guess when that's all we had......

Especially with Andy and Rod. Think it is Andy and Paul Ellen tonight. Paul great to. Assuming Rod is giving the voice a break.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Especially with Andy and Rod. Think it is Andy and Paul Ellen tonight. Paul great to. Assuming Rod is giving the voice a break.

Yes....and baseball is a game to listen to while you do something else which works with radio PBP.    With TV you have to pay attention because they often don't give good descriptions of what is going ...assuming the viewer can see for him or her self....

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Yes....and baseball is a game to listen to while you do something else which works with radio PBP.    With TV you have to pay attention because they often don't give good descriptions of what is going ...assuming the viewer can see for him or her self....

BB on the radio is great.......................lots of memories listen to my Yankees on the car radio  late at night. Announcers paint a picture for you. 

Auburn mounting a little rally in the 9th....now 6-4 with Ingram at bat ...it's been a scramble ...2 errors by Tech and runner on base...

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

BB on the radio is great.......................lots of memories listen to my Yankees on the car radio  late at night. Announcers paint a picture for you. 

Dad was old fashioned ....we got our first TV about 1956 when I was 14 so sports on radio was all I knew growing up. Had a nice little transistor radio that I would lay in bed with at night.. listening to the Cardinals on KMOX which was a clear channel and could be heard on the gulf coast.

Just now, AU64 said:

Dad was old fashioned ....we got out TV about 1956 when I was 14 so sports on radio was all I knew growing up. Had a nice little transistor radio that I would lay in bed with listening to the Cardinals on KMOX which was a clear channel and could be heard on the gulf coast.

Not to hijack but I listen to KMOX even if I wasn't a Cardinal fan just to hear a BB game. 

Meanwhile, AU goes down 6-4 in Atlanta.....so off to Kentucky for a very important series this weekend against a very powerful UK team....

Just now, AU64 said:

Meanwhile, AU goes down 6-4 in Atlanta.....so off to Kentucky for a very important series this weekend against a very powerful UK team....

well crap 

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

well crap 

I like this this team and really like Coach. Made it up to Friday and Saturday game vs AM past weekend. Mize is a pleasure to watch on the mound. Team was fun to see Saturday at the end of day. 

Midweek loses will happen every now and then. Hate tech but it’s onto more important things. Beat the Cats

32 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Car radio is great and love to this day. My parents were misguided bammers when I was 9 or 10. For whatever reason I was already Auburn. On fall Saturdays they tuned the Stereo to bammer. My Dad taught  me how to turn the Chevrolet Belair keys to ACC and listen to Buddy Rutledge.

BTW, my Mother is still alive and loves to wear orange and blue.  

Never like losses but midweek blues happen to everyone. Casey on the bump Friday and I’m pretty confident whenever this guy is pitching. Get the bats going, and we can have two really great series wins to open the year. 

54 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Never like losses but midweek blues happen to everyone. Casey on the bump Friday and I’m pretty confident whenever this guy is pitching. Get the bats going, and we can have two really great series wins to open the year. 

Mize going against last year's SEC pitcher of the year Sean Hjelle.  Dude's almost 7 feet tall.

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

What did you do for entertainment before they invented baseball and radio?

Archived