**2018 Masters Tournament Thread**

NolaAuTiger

Nice AU64........Golf is definitley a game that you have to play at least 3 to 4 times a week to stay sharp........at least for me it was.

Loved playing.......outdoors and bonding with friends......win win despite the outcome

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey golf...........tell us about the time you played Randolph Scott..........Was he actually a better golfer than Fred Astaire ?

I kid you know? 

43 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Hey golf...........tell us about the time you played Randolph Scott..........Was he actually a better golfer than Fred Astaire ?

I kid you know? 

Dufner tees off at 8:58 Central tomorrow and Kizzire tees off right after him at 9:09. War Eagle guys! Bring it home for AU!

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I am taking her, but she doesn't know it yet.  We're going to play Sawgrass and the King/Bear course at the World Golf Village.  Gonna check out the Hall of Fame too.  Mom is 59 this year and plays twice a week.  She still shoots in the 80s pretty consistently from the ladies tees and can hit a drive 200 and straight nearly every time.  She's a hell of a scramble partner :)

What made Chambers so hard was the combination of the hard ground and the walk.  It's an exhausting walk to make for 18 holes.  Over 650 feet of elevation changes throughout the course.  They don't even give you the option for a cart unless you have an ADA card or are over 65.

Wife and I have stayed at the Marriott Renaissance World Golf Village many times. King/Bear is a normal Fl. layout but I played it just after it open I'm sure it has matured as a course now. Hall of Fame was just so so at first but has gotten much better. I would have love to have your Mom as a scramble player especially hitting 200 yards off the tee. Can make a difference of hitting a 8 iron instead of a 6 iron.

I remember you saying that about Chambers so you must have adjusted by the time you got to the back nine 

3 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I kid you know? 

No but Bing and Bob were so much more fun and much much better at golf.:poke:

Par 3 tournament....ace by Nicklaus's grandson...playing with the Golden Bear..

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Par 3 tournament....ace by Nicklaus's grandson...playing with the Golden Bear..

That was so cool!  Drove Jack to tears he was so happy.  And his grandson has a heck of a swing.

18 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Wife and I have stayed at the Marriott Renaissance World Golf Village many times. King/Bear is a normal Fl. layout but I played it just after it open I'm sure it has matured as a course now. Hall of Fame was just so so at first but has gotten much better. I would have love to have your Mom as a scramble player especially hitting 200 yards off the tee. Can make a difference of hitting a 8 iron instead of a 6 iron.

I remember you saying that about Chambers so you must have adjusted by the time you got to the back nine 

We're planning on staying at that Renaissance too.  I exclusively stay at Marriott's when I travel for work, so have a ton of points that I can cash in for a couple of nights.

It was spitting rain off and on too all day at Chambers, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  Luckily my company is based in Seattle, so going back is not out of the realm of possibility.

Nicklaus with 22 grand children...wow.....obviously did not spend all of his time practicing golf....Jack has not aged all that well but any professional sport is hard on the body . 

21 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

We're planning on staying at that Renaissance too.  I exclusively stay at Marriott's when I travel for work, so have a ton of points that I can cash in for a couple of nights.

It was spitting rain off and on too all day at Chambers, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  Luckily my company is based in Seattle, so going back is not out of the realm of possibility.

Same here been a member for over 30 years I haven't had to pay for a room at a Marriott since I retired and still have tons of pts...we always stay on the lakeside with a balcony 

jaxbr-exterior-0108-hor-clsc.jpg?interpo

OMG.....gotta listen to a love story about Saban and Thomas.....just can 't get away from the danged bammers....

58 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nicklaus with 22 grand children...wow.....obviously did not spend all of his time practicing golf....Jack has not aged all that well but any professional sport is hard on the body . 

Jack and I have the same hips replacements titanium baby.

Also Jack could always be seen at DeCeasar's Restaurant in North Palm Beach. Usually he would be open to talking to you as long as you were respectful and not drunk on your ass. His wife Barbara was super nice

49 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Also Jack could always be seen at DeCeasar's Restaurant in North Palm Beach. Usually he would be open to talking to you as long as you were respectful and not drunk on your ass. His wife Barbara was super nice

Got a pair of those my self.....one anterior and one posterior process.......take the anterior .....was back on the golf course in just over a month. :)

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

Got a pair of those my self.....one anterior and one posterior process.......take the anterior .....was back on the golf course in just over a month. :)

This is gold.

Also, keep the stories coming, guys! I love it!

Nice to have almost wall to wall coverage...not that long ago it was only final holes in Sat and Sunday.

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nice to have almost wall to wall coverage...not that long ago it was only final holes in Sat and Sunday.

Pretty sure that was still th case when Tiger won in 97'. I think, even further back you only got the back nine on Sunday alone.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

This is gold.

Also, keep the stories coming, guys! I love it!

Just to note also that "at no extra charge,   my doctors gave me little credit card sized X-rays of the finished product to carry in my wallet .....can show them at airports when the metal machines light up.   Never had to use them as the TSA people usually just wand me up and down. 

Seriously, I don't know what the elderly did before knee and hip replacement processes became so available.....lived in pain or in bed I guess.   It' great to be alive in this modern era. :thumbsup:

18 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Saw Jack in the Abacos, Bahamas.  I never bother “famous” people unless it’s no different than a situation with a random person.

I was walking past his lunch group’s table with my son and you could tell he anticipated we were coming to speak to him.  His body language was very receptive ... I know it sounds silly but I thought it was really cool that he would have happily allowed us to infringe on his time.

my son is autistic and I needed to keep him on track so we headed on past their small group but he just screamed “cordial and polite”.  I now regret not at least saying hello.

Course seems to be winning so far today.....beautiful day which should favor the golfers but the folks setting the pins can keep things under control. So who had Leishman? 

30 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Course seems to be winning so far today.....beautiful day which should favor the golfers but the folks setting the pins can keep things under control. So who had Leishman? 

I'm more impressed with Singh at the moment.  That score is coming outta nowhere.

Archived