**2018 Masters Tournament Thread**

NolaAuTiger

Tiger in the water at 12.....but man....what a beautiful hole today.....

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG....Sergio disastrous hole....probably done for the tournament...score of 13.

Nevermind..........as of this post only 14 players under par..........Sergio +9...............little suprising.

I never watch Golf and Tiger being back certainly never made a non Golf fan like me want to watch Golf now. With that said, I’m puzzled as to why all the Tiger coverage the last couple months. I’m not really sure why ESPN had to send me an update saying that Tiger rallied to shoot one over also. I fixed that problem for the future though. Are there any other players in the tournament? Sarcasm on [Off] How are they doing? 

Also, if it’s true, that Tiger slept with Dufner’s then wife, I already don’t like him (and most definitely her.)

War Damn Dufner!!

32 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Nevermind..........as of this post only 14 players under par..........Sergio +9...............little suprising.

5 balls in the water on #15.....kinda like that movie Tin Cup.....just hit the same bad shot over and over...but to give him some credit, the position was almost impossible.....once he got the ball over a little rise there was almost no way to stop it.   I'm sure it will be YouTube favorite the next few days.

Sounds like a typical par 5 for me lol..........My mom had Spanish roots and loved her Sergio..........If she were still alive she would be sad but none the less in his corner ? 

Jordan in the lead......not too surprising but Dustin J did not have a good day....not looking like #1 in the world.  Despite the big build-up ..Tiger played about as expected considering how little he has played lately but for ESPN ....the Masters seems to be about Tiger.   Tomorrow decides the cuts... Tiger needs to get his putting stroke back if he is gonna make it. ...well that and keep his drives in play.

Wow just watched interview with Sergio discussing working with Connor McGregor......geez not the same Sergio from early 2000's.

Considering whats taken place with Connor in the last 24hrs Connor is the last person I would claim association with.

Been busy all day and haven't had much of a chance to check in. Spieth put on a ball striking Clinic on the back nine. We'll see what happens tomorrow, because there are a lot of guys around even par who have the ability to go low over the next couple of days.

39 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Jordan in the lead......not too surprising but Dustin J did not have a good day....not looking like #1 in the world.  Despite the big build-up ..Tiger played about as expected considering how little he has played lately but for ESPN ....the Masters seems to be about Tiger.   Tomorrow decides the cuts... Tiger needs to get his putting stroke back if he is gonna make it. ...well that and keep his drives in play.

If Tiger is going to win he will have to play the par 5's at least 2/3 under for the rest of the tournament. 80% of past Master champions have score an average of 8 under for all 4 rounds on par 5's. Tiger seat at zero for now.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

If Tiger is going to win he will have to play the par 5's at least 2/3 under for the rest of the tournament. 80% of past Master champions have score an average of 8 under for all 4 rounds on par 5's. Tiger seat at zero for now.

Yep considering how badly he played the par 5s, it is surprising he did as well as he did.    Was just watching some of the replay and showed Speith's eagle on  #8 at which time he was even par....and he went 6 under from there on out.    At the rate they are going the cut is likely to be at par or maybe under.   Tiger is gonna have to jump over a lot of good golfers to get into contention..   See that Duffer is at plus 1 also.   Supposed to be good weather tomorrow and chance for a few guys to make a  push perhaps.  

Simply amazed by Tony Finau. Roll an ankle on Wednesday and shoot 4 under on Thursday. How is that even possible? Very impressed.

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Simply amazed by Tony Finau. Roll an ankle on Wednesday and shoot 4 under on Thursday. How is that even possible? Very impressed.

Indeed..was watching when he did that and reached down and popped it back in place and walked away.   Unbelievable...

47 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Indeed..was watching when he did that and reached down and popped it back in place and walked away.   Unbelievable...

We golfers are bad asses:-X

39 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

We golfers are bad asses:-X

Obviously.....when it happened I was waiting for an ambulance and four doctors to come rushing out there..(probably a dozen docs in the audience on that hole alone) and tote him off to the hospital.   

I could hardly believe what I saw.  They  pulled the camera away immediately so barely got glimpse of that ankle turned 90 degrees.    But quick as you could say  .".ah sh** "     he reached down and popped it back into place.

Not sure about you....but he is definitely a tough guy...

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Obviously.....when it happened I was waiting for an ambulance and four doctors to come rushing out there..(probably a dozen docs in the audience on that hole alone) and tote him off to the hospital.   

I could hardly believe what I saw.  They  pulled the camera away immediately so barely got glimpse of that ankle turned 90 degrees.    But quick as you could say  .".ah sh** "     he reached down and popped it back into place.

Not sure about you....but he is definitely a tough guy...

I ain't that tough..................only physical injury/pain happen to me on the course is my back went out and I fell to my knees. Happen when I was maybe 45 years old on first hole I got thru 2 holes and called it a day/hit the 19th hole

Thank god it only happen once.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I ain't that tough..................only physical injury/pain happen to me on the course is my back went out and I fell to my knees. Happen when I was maybe 45 years old on first hole I got thru 2 holes and called it a day/hit the 19th hole

Thank god it only happen once.

I feel your pain golf............happened to me at the gym while curling.........also fell off boat into lake while fishing.........Scary as it tends to happen without warning.

Field coming back to Tiger...Speith off to a really bad start....getting ready to bogey another hole which be 4 shots lost today... 

3 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I feel your pain golf............happened to me at the gym while curling.........also fell off boat into lake while fishing.........Scary as it tends to happen without warning.

I was just stepping into the golf cart on the first hole after hitting my drive and down I go. And yep its scary

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Field coming back to Tiger...Speith off to a really bad start....getting ready to bogey another hole which be 4 shots lost today... 

And with the weather getting worst over the weekend this could be fun to watch.

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

And with the weather getting worst over the weekend this could be fun to watch.

not many under par today for the round.....Jordan started rough but has come back to where about where he started I guess. ..well -4 so 2 over for the day and lots of guys in that range....

DJ almost putted the ball into the water and then made about 30 feet for a par.......some interesting stuff going on.....well, interesting if you are not the one experiencing it...

Patrick Reed is red hot....31 on front nine....hits the ball a mile.....

Archived