**2018 Masters Tournament Thread**

NolaAuTiger

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Patrick Reed is red hot....31 on front nine....hits the ball a mile.....

No doubt wow..................Since I obviously jinxed Vijay(still impressive ?) I shall refrain from mentioning anyone else's play hence forth? 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see lefty made the cut and Dufner  missed the cut..........If the weather we are receiving this morning is heading to Augusta its going to be nasty.

4 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I see lefty made the cut and Dufner  missed the cut..........If the weather we are receiving this morning is heading to Augusta its going to be nasty.

Looking at weather map...worst of the weather seems to be east of August.....but...you never know.  Scenes from the putting greens look acceptable but hard to tell how long that might last...

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:34 PM, kevon67 said:

No doubt wow..................Since I obviously jinxed Vijay(still impressive ?) I shall refrain from mentioning anyone else's play hence forth? 

Vijay I have no idea how to reverse a jinx.........gonna grab some yankee candles? 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

MAY have stolen 400.00 and Scotty Cameron putter?

As I read this article it begin to sound more like a hit piece.........scrolled down and noticed pic of him and former President GW Bush.

Haven't had my first cup of coffee so I could be totally wrong.

Golf's John McEnroe, sort of. Without the theft. 

Raise your hand if you've never cursed on the coarse on or off camera........mine usually starts on driving range prior to 18? 

5 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

As I read this article it begin to sound more like a hit piece........

Don’t know. Hit piece or not, apparently his teammates at both schools didn’t like him at all.  His biological family has been cut out of his life as well as he once had security guards throw out his parents at the U.S Open. Can’t root for people like that 

26 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Don’t know. Hit piece or not, apparently his teammates at both schools didn’t like him at all.  His biological family has been cut out of his life as well as he once had security guards throw out his parents at the U.S Open. Can’t root for people like that 

The entire world has been rooting for Tiger who has a list of transgressions ....personal and otherwise, that compares favorably with Reed, right down to the potty mouth on the golf course.   Call him Nick or Cam...or make him a football player and who would be caring now?  . He's in an individual sport and obviously does  not play well with others....but the sports world is full of talented a**h**** and he seems to be just another one of them

So....I'm willing to just admire his golf and enjoy watching him and Rory go at it. 

28 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The entire world has been rooting for Tiger who has a list of transgressions ....personal and otherwise, that compares favorably with Reed,

What has Tiger done that is even close to cheating on the golf course (accused at both schools) or getting thrown out of school and being generally disliked by his peers? Crickets...

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

What has Tiger done that is even close to cheating on the golf course (accused at both schools) or getting thrown out of school and being generally disliked by his peers? Crickets...

Re Tiger.....check him out....Cheating on his wife repeatedly, reportedly having affairs with wives of fellow players....but like some of the stuff in the article, those are allegations....as are the drug issues.....just saying....lots of glass houses....and Reed is no choir boy, that's for certain.  Not defending him.  

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Re Tiger.....check him out....Cheating on his wife repeatedly, reportedly having affairs with wives of fellow players

Ok. Apples to Oranges. With the same criteria, Martin Luther King Jr, JFK, and Lyndon B Johnson weren’t “choir boys” either. They were at least respected in their field. Can’t say that about Reed

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

but like some of the stuff in the article, those are allegations.

There were also facts...ugly reputation among his teammates at both schools and being accused of cheating at both schools is a fact within itself, dismissals, multiple alcohol related arrests, a nasty relationship with his own family. What’s not to love?

I really dont know enough Reed's College career or Reed himself to debate his character......However, I am glad today I am not judged by my short commings in college............I never stole or cheated(academics) I am positive some would have dislike my drunken behavior at party's(hitting on someone's girlfriend etc...)

My point is I believe people can change......I know I am not that same person from 30 plus years ago......Heck I dont even drink.....not that I judge people that do........just not my thing anymore.

Reed is having an awesome showing at the Masters.....like AU64 I have no problems watching Reed battle it out on the final day.....if he wins so be it.:dunno:

22 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Reed is having an awesome showing at the Masters.....like AU64 I have no problems watching Reed battle it out on the final day.....if he wins so be it.

I don’t mind him being there today either. I will be watching today, rooting for the field probably. 

22 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Heck I dont even drink.....not that I judge people that do........

That’s good, I still drink, just not in tbe volumes of the 17-23 year old AuJeff did. I do yard work with either Miller lite or vodka and cranberry juice.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:48 PM, aujeff11 said:

I never watch Golf and Tiger being back certainly never made a non Golf fan like me want to watch Golf now. With that said, I’m puzzled as to why all the Tiger coverage the last couple months. I’m not really sure why ESPN had to send me an update saying that Tiger rallied to shoot one over also. I fixed that problem for the future though. Are there any other players in the tournament? Sarcasm on [Off] How are they doing? 

Also, if it’s true, that Tiger slept with Dufner’s then wife, I already don’t like him (and most definitely her.)

War Damn Dufner!!

I think this topic was originally intended for golf fans to share updates on day to day events at the Masters.........with the occasional story of fan's personal humorous golf stories.......I could be wrong:dunno:

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

I think this topic was originally intended for golf fans to share updates on day to day events at the Masters.........with the occasional story of fan's personal humorous golf stories.......I could be wrong:dunno:

It’s a great thread ?

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s good, I still drink, just not in tbe volumes of the 17-23 year old AuJeff did. I do yard work with 

True that Jeff............Can't imagine I could handle those nasty hangovers from my early days.......Would be like purchasing flu symptoms at age 50 lol.

Just now, kevon67 said:

True that Jeff............Can't imagine I could handle those nasty hangovers from my early days.......Would be like purchasing flu symptoms at age 50 lol.

I found out quickly that when it took two days to get over a hangover, it was time for a more moderate consumption gameplan. lol. 

Back nine turning into a horse race.....some fantastic shot making......poor Rory could have put this thing away though if his putter had been hot....missed a lot makeable shots he may regret....

54 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Spieth may make a comeback...

Spieth is tied up with Reed...was 9 shots back. 

Reed, Speith and Fowler looks like from here on in....Fowler could have used that putt....Rahm still in it I guess after that birdie.......

Archived