**2018 Masters Tournament Thread**

NolaAuTiger

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

How about the number of times they are on their backswing, or in the middle of striking a putt when a loud roar happens from another hole? That would probably distract me worse than anything.    Does it just annoy anybody else that every time Tiger comes to a tee box or a green that 20 or more people feel the necessary urge to just yell "Ti-ger" at the top of their lungs? It's like fingernails on the chalkboard to me.

Heck my backswing suffered when a knuckle head friend decides THIS is the best time to parallel park the EZ-GO beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep ? 

Have a feeling that Reeds growing fame will provoke more questions and butting into his personal life. Will be interesting. The more he takes pictures posing with Bush and Trump, the nastier it will get. Let’s get the party started. 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29188/huffpost-editor-slams-winner-masters-bigot-2014-james-barrett?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Have a feeling that Reeds growing fame will provoke more questions and butting into his personal life. Will be interesting. The more he takes pictures posing with Bush and Trump, the nastier it will get. Let’s get the party started. 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29188/huffpost-editor-slams-winner-masters-bigot-2014-james-barrett?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

Likely true....but you know what Reed's reply will be to the critics.?   ."FU"    though the next thing will be to go after his sponsors. ...which is the reason that smart athletes stay miles away from politics.  

4 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I literally cant imagine how they play at that level..............That many fans and always some a** hat or hats that refuse to silence their phone.

Augusta National solved the phone problem. They do not allow cell phones in the gate. 

22 hours ago, AU64 said:

:)  At least they no longer scream "go in the hole" when he hits his tee shot on a 575 par 5....    Fan enthusiasm is a mixed bag on the golf course....evolving I guess if you consider what they do in Az at that tournament. ....but Masters is still "old school" and I understand they will still toss you for having a cell phone out or taking pictures. .  

PS....I did miss hearing the occasional "War Eagle" over the weekend when Dufner failed to qualify. 

Oh they still scream that crap. Just not at the Masters. Thank God for the Masters. Apparently (never confirmed) they had a list of phrases that patrons would get kicked out for screaming after drives. No idea if that was true, or if they just started a rumor to ensure no one is yelling "mashed potatoes" every hole, but I didn't hear any of that. Would love for it to translate to the rest of the tour (save for the Waste Management Open and the Ryder Cup). 

Missed hearing "War Eagle", too. 

22 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

A very good tournament but not a great one imo. Masters is usually the best major for suspense. Jordan shooting 64 on a Sunday was unreal. Gotta give it to Reed not many people care for him but he pulled it thru. Someday maybe Rickie will win a major. Well on to the next major........................................

This has been a really great thread nice to read all the personal stories from you guys. I could write a frickin book on my golf experience.............if I could remember them;D

Actually I do remember most even my first shot on a real hole on a golf course Twin Pines Golf Course in Littleville, Al. little nine hole course at the time. Still there but they made it into 18 holes nows.

Agreed. Great thread. Seems like we have a couple more enthusiasts pop into this thread every year. 

As to the Masters. I agree, it was good but not great. Rory not playing well had a lot to do with that. I think a lot of people were hoping for a shoot out. Reed played so well Thurs-Saturday he was able to hang on Sunday. I'm not a fan of his, but I try not to "hate" on him too much. There has been a lot written about him, but we'll likely never know the full story. One thing you can clearly say about him is that he is an incredibly hard worker and a fierce competitor. No surprise on the win. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Agreed. Great thread. Seems like we have a couple more enthusiasts pop into this thread every year. 

As to the Masters. I agree, it was good but not great. Rory not playing well had a lot to do with that. I think a lot of people were hoping for a shoot out. Reed played so well Thurs-Saturday he was able to hang on Sunday. I'm not a fan of his, but I try not to "hate" on him too much. There has been a lot written about him, but we'll likely never know the full story. One thing you can clearly say about him is that he is an incredibly hard worker and a fierce competitor. No surprise on the win. 

I was surprised that Rory had such a bad putting day and wonder if Reed has gotten to him a bit ....thinking back to the Ryder Cup.  Might be that it did become "match play" for him...a bit personal ?     

Meanwhile, Fowler and Speith almost slipped in the back door while Reed and Rory were dueling it out. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I was surprised that Rory had such a bad putting day and wonder if Reed has gotten to him a bit ....thinking back to the Ryder Cup.  Might be that it did become "match play" for him...a bit personal ?     

Meanwhile, Fowler and Speith almost slipped in the back door while Reed and Rory were dueling it out. 

Yeah, who knows about Rory. I have no problem suggesting that Reed is more mentally tough than Rory.

Was rooting hard for Fowler and Speith. To think that Speith started Friday's round with back to back 6s. 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I have no problem suggesting that Reed is more mentally tough than Rory.

Me neither. He put on a clinic of holding onto the lead. Even when not playing the best, doing just enough to hold advantage- making key putts and key drives when under extreme pressure to regain control. I wish in other sports (ahem Gus Malzahn,) we’d learn how to do such in order to stop the bleeding. Seems the deer in headlights look is all we receive.

Archived