Malzahn reviews 6th spring practice

aubiefifty

Live updates: Gus Malzahn reviews Auburn's 6th spring practice

Updated 6:20 PM; Posted 6:05 PM

Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn during warm ups Monday, Jan. 1, 2017, before the Peach Bowl at Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Ga.(Julie Bennett/jbennett@al.com)

0 shares

By James Crepea

jcrepea@al.com

Gus Malzahn will hold a press conference following Auburn's sixth spring practice.

He'll provide a number of personnel updates, including on Eli Stove's ACL, Dontavius Russell and JaTarvious Whitlow's thumbs, Jordyn Peters' knee and Ryan Davis being absent due to illness today.

Refresh this page to follow along with today's press conference.

GUS MALZAHN

-- "Same out a little sluggish" on Tuesday. Responded well today. Third down focus Tuesday, red zone today. Scrimmage of 100-120 plays Saturday with live extra points and field goals.

-- Eli Stove did tear his ACL on practice before spring break. "We expect him to return next season, and possibly even early."

-- Jarrett Stidham threw to receivers, will wait till Tuesday for 7 on 7. Won't throw in Saturday's scrimmage.

-- Ryan Davis was out due to "flu symptoms"

-- Jordyn Peters (right knee) expected to scrimmage.

-- No limitations to Dontavius Russell or JaTarvious Whitlow

-- Scrimmage on Saturday will be big for running backs, won't give an order before than

• WarTiger changed the title to Malzahn reviews 6th spring practice

10 minutes ago, alexava said:

Is “next season “ 2018 or is ‘18 “this season “?

Technically it's next season, but I always hated that terminology because it can be easily confused... I stumble every time I say "next weekend" to clarify exactly what I mean.

20 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I still think 2018 is too optimistic for Stove. I hope I'm wrong but that's Auburn fast.

We were led to believe Lawson was going to bounce back from his spring ACL tear in 2015 also.  I'm no doc but I really doubt Stove is going to be ready to cut on that knee by Sept. or Oct. 

They were discussing whether or not Stidham would play in Aday this morning on Jox.  If he does I hope it’s one series and out. I’d love to watch Malik lead the offense with Gatewood getting some work as well.  Is Adams still on the team?  I’m not sure who would come out for clean up duty this year.  I’m not sure it really matters if anyone RB stands out prior to Washington.  Seems like whoever Gus picks gets replaced 3 games in by the eventual go to.  Dyer, Bubba, Robinson etc

Archived