Trump and Obama have this in common

NolaAuTiger

Unhappily forced to sign another appropriation bill that no one read. I’ve never understood the logic of the legislative process as it relates to appropriation bills. It happened to Obama too. Unfortunately, the uninformed media and public end up blaming the Executive. Little do they know, it’s usually the ploy of minority legislators to craft items into the bill, which if vetoed, take down with them other necessary expenditures. I’m not complaining about the element of compromise. There’s a very good argument for its importance. Makes me pull my hair out !!!!

The compromise employed in these bills is tied to getting something you want, not agreeing on tough decisions regarding spending. Little backbone in Congress.

32 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The compromise employed in these bills is tied to getting something you want, not agreeing on tough decisions regarding spending. Little backbone in Congress.

I know. Again, minorities use their views as a ploy, often, irrespective of the legitimacy. Unlike at the state level where you have line item vetoes. I just disagree with the mechanism at the federal level. Executive ALWAYS is portrayed as the villain. Glad you’re not ignorant of that.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

...In government

I think it’s particularly true for those who get elected— I think there are folks in a number of departments, including justice, defense, who are very dedicated.

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I think it’s particularly true for those who get elected— I think there are folks in a number of departments, including justice, defense, who are very dedicated.

Completely agree

@icanthearyou do you ever contribute anything besides emojis?  Seriously, all I ever see is you face palming everything. I've never seen you add anything. Why is that?

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@icanthearyou do you ever contribute anything besides emojis?  Seriously, all I ever see is you face palming everything. I've never seen you add anything. Why is that?

I've thought the same on numerous occasions. 

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

About how a given poster contributes.

He hasn't posted anything since April of last year. Therefore my contention still stands...He doesn't contribute anything but emojis. I simply asked why that was.

Just now, bigbird said:

He hasn't posted anything since April of last year. So my contention still stands. He doesn't contribute anything but emojis.

Have you considered that may be all he's capable of, for whatever reason?

Just now, bigbird said:

He hasn't posted anything since April of last year. Therefore my contention still stands...He doesn't contribute anything but emojis. I simply asked why that was.

Trust me, it's better this way! (insert facepalm in the lower right).

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Have you considered that may be all he's capable of, for whatever reason?

No I haven't. It certainly would be a unique situation. 

Archived