Softball vs Kentucky

1st pitch in a few minutes as Auburn hosts Kentucky this weekend.  

Lineup tonight:

Draper
McCrackin
Shea
Perry
Veach
Rivera
Dowell
Tannon Snow
Podany

Makayla Martin

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin allows 2 base runners but one caught stealing by Shea and a grounder to 3rd ends the top 1st.   Draper, McCrackin and Shea coming up

12 minutes ago, BhamCAT said:

safe on the steal, but not complaining

It did look like the tag was on the upper chest after the hand reached. That was called since the ball beat the runner on a perfect throw.  

What a terrific play by Justus Perry.  Ball deflects off Martin's ankle and Perry come off the base to field it and dives back to 1st in time to get the out.   Terrific play.

I missed the first out of the inning.  Perry flies to center. (I also think the batting order posted on twitter is wrong).   That's not the order I have.   Tannon Snow is up.

WTH ?  Watchespn not working, radio broadcast just began with coaches interviews after 2nd inning  ! Must be a disturbance in the eternal ethers .......

4 minutes ago, Hspoprn said:

WTH ?  Watchespn not working, radio broadcast just began with coaches interviews after 2nd inning  ! Must be a disturbance in the eternal ethers .......

My WatchESPN is working fine.  May be your wifi or browser. 

Dowell lines one deep to left and its off the top (literally) of the wall and Dowell slides in at 2nd.   Podany grounds to 3rd.  1 out.   The hit by Dowell hit the top of the wall and appeared (to me) to hit the light poll as well then come back in.   I believe that should have been a home run.

That ball was gone. If a yellow line was on that wall like the majors it is a homer.  Great piece of hitting there.

watch espn always works for me, but the lag/hiccups tonight are unlike ever before

Just now, WarTiger said:

Dowell lines one deep to left and its off the top (literally) of the wall and Dowell slides in at 2nd.   Podany grounds to 3rd.  1 out.   The hit by Dowell hit the top of the wall and appeared (to me) to hit the light poll as well then come back in.   I believe that should have been a home run.

Yes it did hit the pole. Dowell got robbed of a home run there.  But, no way for the Umps to see it without replay. 

Archived