AD praises Pearl in probe

TexasTiger

In his first public remarks regarding Bruce Pearl, Auburn athletic director Allen Greene gave the program's basketball coach the strongest backing from a school administrator since the FBI investigation last fall.

Speaking on an in-house podcast, Greene said Pearl has been "excellent" in the school's process of complying with the FBI's investigation into the program.

http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2018/03/auburn_ad_allen_greene_bruce_p.html#incart_river_mobile_index

• WarTiger changed the title to AD praises Pearl in probe

This is the best news of 2018 for AU so far!!! OMGSH AMAZING!!!!!!!!! There is no AU bball without Bruce. WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I love it. BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!!!!!! MY BIGGEST MAN CRUSH EVER WILL CONTINUE!!!!!! LEEEE LEEEEE LETSSSSSS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

No comment about the other two coaches ?  Looks to me like folks are doing their best to forget them. I don't understand that situation at all.

Well I’d say that’s a pretty good indication of where Bruce is at in regards to his safety at AU. Like Mikey and others have said, if Bruce was gonna get axed, it would have happened by now. 

39 minutes ago, AU64 said:

No comment about the other two coaches ?  Looks to me like folks are doing their best to forget them. I don't understand that situation at all.

That aspect is a good bit puzzling. We don't know what, if anything, they did or are accused of doing. Surely now that the season is over the situation will be resolved quickly. Frankie Sullivan was a fine player and representative of Auburn , I'd hate to see his reputation smeared over something Chuck Person did.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

That aspect is a good bit puzzling. We don't know what, if anything, they did or are accused of doing. Surely now that the season is over the situation will be resolved quickly. Frankie Sullivan was a fine player and representative of Auburn , I'd hate to see his reputation smeared over something Chuck Person did.

Sounds like it's time to form up a crowd, print some signs.... "Free The Auburn Two"  and march around the President's home. 

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is the best news of 2018 for AU so far!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I love it. BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!!!!!!

High-Five-GIF-Image-Download-24 (1).gif

5 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Well I’d say that’s a pretty good indication of where Bruce is at in regards to his safety at AU. Like Mikey and others have said, if Bruce was gonna get axed, it would have happened by now. 

But, but, but Pete Thamel told Finebaum......:dunno:

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't think the Athletic dept would suspend those 2 bc of what Person did. They must have done something to aide Person, or they knew but didnt report it. 

Although I read a strange article by one of the AU sports beat writers (Crepea, and i know that he has a rep for not being fair), where he said those 2 were suspended bc Pearl would not cooperate with the internal investigation.. Unless I misread his poor writing, i can't believe AU would suspend them for that reason.

36 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I don't think the Athletic dept would suspend those 2 bc of what Person did. They must have done something to aide Person, or they knew but didnt report it. 

Although I read a strange article by one of the AU sports beat writers (Crepea, and i know that he has a rep for not being fair), where he said those 2 were suspended bc Pearl would not cooperate with the internal investigation.. Unless I misread his poor writing, i can't believe AU would suspend them for that reason.

Agree......that is unlikely.  But even in the Pearl discussion nothings seems to be mentioned about these guys one way or the other...

16 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Exactly.   Give CBP a raise ASAP.  

He already will be receiving bonuses for making it to the tournament

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

But, but, but Pete Thamel told Finebaum......:dunno:

guess he is really surprised that is opinion is wrong

Remember hacks and Auburn beat writers are mandated to write negative articles about Auburn.

Even when Bruce is officially cleared the headline will be "Pearl dodges huge bullet"

or "Auburn avoids sanctions" and then a rehash of whatever they can repeat from Pearl's entire career.

Sounds like Bruce will be the man for years to come at Auburn! The FBI needs to pull up stakes and move on to problems like school shootings and violence of that nature.  We should be in the driver's seat with Purifoy coming back. I would love to have Wiley & Heron back for 2018-19. We should start winning 20 plus games year in and out.

Whatever happened to the beat writer Marshall?  He seemed to not be as negative as the clowns writing now.

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

High-Five-GIF-Image-Download-24 (1).gif

r.gif

Excellent to hear that the people in charge are getting behind Pearl. No idea why it took so long and not happy with the way this was handled especially by Leath and the comments he made to the media with this whole deal began. But hopefully now that we have an AD we won't be hearing from him again very much 

The only thing that could happen that is better than this would be for Auburn to give Pearl a huge raise, I've heard Auburn had a surplus left over from this years budget, if true then give Pearl a raise similar to Gus's.

I almost started a new thread, but glad I saw this one first. WJOX Roundtable interviewed Greene this morning, during which time he heaped praises on Pearl and indicated that it was his (Greene's) desire and intent that Pearl absolutely be retained as Head Coach. He said, "You can't spend 5 minutes with Coach Pearl without his infectious enthusiasm winning you over." He said that Pearl had directly told him that he (Pearl) had done nothing wrong re: the FBI thing. He said the first time he stepped foot on campus was for his introductory press conference. Just an unbelievable night and day difference from the 2 previous AD's...Hairlip Housel and Fingerwaggin' (henceforth to be known as Finger Waggoner) Good Ol Boy JJ.

Awesome news! Now let's go be the national heavyweight Bruce is making us!

Anybody got a link to the interview??

Archived