Softball - Baylor at LSU

GBAU83

Just checking around at 1pm CST and found #14 Baylor at #11 LSU on watchESPN (part of a 4-game mix around tourney).  Top of 3rd, Baylor leads 2-0.  Past AU fan favorite Carlee Wallace is catching for Baylor, not seen her bat yet.  Baylor pitcher has something like 15 pitches through 2 innings, no hits and 14 of the 15 pitches were strikes.

As I am typing, Carlee comes up to bat and pops up to 2nd.

24 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

As I am typing, Carlee comes up to bat and pops up to 2nd.

Type faster next time for an earlier warning :poke:

Watching this game gives us another listen to these announcers, but at least we don't have the guy acting out behind home plate.

Wallace just threw out a base stealer with a perfect throw. 

LSU ties it i the 5th with a 2-run homer.

Carlee should be up in tip of 6th.  She just threw out a girl trying to steal second.

Wallace with a single to right to start the inning.

So Wallace advances to 2nd on passed ball.  Batter hits a grounder, Wallace advances to 3rd but a bad call at first has the batter safe (she was clearly out by a full stride).  Next batter hit a deep fly to left, which scores Wallace.  Next batter strikes out and they throw the runner out attempting the steal.  So the bad call did not change anything effectively.  Baylor leads 3-2 going to bottom of 6th.

So Baylor led going to bottom of 7, LSU hit a homer to tie it and went to extras and bottom of 8th, LSU hit a game winner walk off homer.

Next game, NDSU at LSU, it goes 9 innings and NDSU wins it 1-0.

Archived