Hastings suffers knee injury

lionheartkc

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not good at all.....damn

Y’all give me a minute to grieve before the next not good at all comes in lol. Already broken for the night :(

2 hours ago, alexava said:

Don’t worry our board will have him returning before the end of spring. 

This is so true. There is no way Eli comes back next season like some fans have been saying on here and other AU sites. I remember the same thing was said about lawson the year he tore his. It is just not smart and it is reckless to rush those guys back when the risk of re injuring is high.  If it is a full tear and not partial He will redshirt and be back for 2019.

Hope Hastings recovers well.  With a well designed offense, he can be a great asset to the team.

wde

8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Sooo Iggy is definitely going back to wr now as well as still working at cb.

I don't know about that. Even with the current injuries, we are more thin at DB than we are at WR. If the reports about Iggy looking great and "being a natural" at DB are true, he'll probably stay there. If those reports are wishful thinking by some observers, maybe he goes back to full-time WR.

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is so true. There is no way Eli comes back next season like some fans have been saying on here and other AU sites. I remember the same thing was said about lawson the year he tore his. It is just not smart and it is reckless to rush those guys back when the risk of re injuring is high.  If it is a full tear and not partial He will redshirt and be back for 2019.

Come on Mac, even PTB said he could be testing it by practice and full speed by mid-season, and PTB knows the details. We've also got to stop comparing it to Lawson. First, Lawson's injury happened nearly 2 months later and second, PTB has stated that Lawson's injury was exceptionally severe.

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

No way? There is a chance. Eddie Jackson tore his ACL in the spring one year and played 10 games in the fall. Do we have equal medical and rehab facilities?

22 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

No way? There is a chance. Eddie Jackson tore his ACL in the spring one year and played 10 games in the fall. Do we have equal medical and rehab facilities?

Yes, but we don't use Deer Antler Juice.   ?

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Yes, but we don't use Deer Antler Juice.   ?

Maybe we should. 

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

we are not bama. we are not going to rush a guy back and ride them in to the ground like saban does his players and have them be damaged goods by the time they get to the NFL.

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Come on Mac, even PTB said he could be testing it by practice and full speed by mid-season, and PTB knows the details. We've also got to stop comparing it to Lawson. First, Lawson's injury happened nearly 2 months later and second, PTB has stated that Lawson's injury was exceptionally severe.

Now come on OKC Thunder! Eli is muhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy and I am very protective of him. One of my favorite recruits ever. I rather get a full season of him being 100% than him rushing back and risking over doing it in his rehab just for the off chance he can be back by for a few games at the end of the year. We are not bama. We always put the players first and do not risk the student athletes well being.  Just redshirt him and him come back EVEN STRONGER for 2019! He will be better than ever. He will be hungry! WOOOOOOO!!!! I am excited for the return just talking about it. LETSSSSSS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Also I have no clue who PTB is. To me PTB always has been the powers that be. Did the powers that be come to you in a vision?! haha I KID I KID! Have a great elite 8 sunday muhhhhhhhhhhhh dude!!! Hope to converse with you more on here going forward. Been missing chatting with ya.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

we are not bama. we are not going to rush a guy back and ride them in to the ground like saban does his players and have them be damaged goods by the time they get to the NFL.

lol okay.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't know about that. Even with the current injuries, we are more thin at DB than we are at WR. If the reports about Iggy looking great and "being a natural" at DB are true, he'll probably stay there. If those reports are wishful thinking by some observers, maybe he goes back to full-time WR.

Well Gus has recently said anyway that they plan to rep him at WR.....this week I believe...but I sure do hope that those DB comments are of substance and not fluff.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

lol okay.

I love it aujeff11!!! THat was quick to the point and now we can bounce out of here!!! WOOO!!!! That is how it always should be done! haha.

r.gif

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Now come on OKC Thunder! Eli is muhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy and I am very protective of him. One of my favorite recruits ever. I rather get a full season of him being 100% than him rushing back and risking over doing it in his rehab just for the off chance he can be back by for a few games at the end of the year. We are not bama. We always put the players first and do not risk the student athletes well being.  Just redshirt him and him come back EVEN STRONGER for 2019! He will be better than ever. He will be hungry! WOOOOOOO!!!! I am excited for the return just talking about it. LETSSSSSS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Also I have no clue who PTB is. To me PTB always has been the powers that be. Did the powers that be come to you in a vision?! haha I KID I KID! Have a great elite 8 sunday muhhhhhhhhhhhh dude!!! Hope to converse with you more on here going forward. Been missing chatting with ya.

PTB is passthebiscuits (for some reason I can't link people on my tablet).

Didn't even show up to practice like players with injuries usually do. Don't even know if he's had surgery yet...

Link 

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Didn't even show up to practice like players with injuries usually do. Don't even know if he's had surgery yet...

Link 

Our poor Hastings!!! Makes me so sad!

Any updates you can share @passthebiscuits? I assume his injury is something that could take a year+ to bounce back from? 

45 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Sounds like we'll be seeing him in 2019.

I'll be pulling for the kid but realistically wouldn't expect WH to return in 2019 unless he was assured of a scholarship.

9 hours ago, autan said:

I'll be pulling for the kid but realistically wouldn't expect WH to return in 2019 unless he was assured of a scholarship.

He's assured of a scholarship whether he plays or not. That's not a question. If he's recovered, he'll play on the team. If he is not recovered, he'll be in the Injured status, that's on scholarship but doesn't count against the 85 limit because he's not able to play.

19 hours ago, autan said:

A medical scholly would be granted in the even he can't play ball.  He can finish his degree and even obtain a Master's all on AU's dime.

Archived