Hastings suffers knee injury

lionheartkc

19 hours ago, autan said:

I'll be pulling for the kid but realistically wouldn't expect WH to return in 2019 unless he was assured of a scholarship.

While I get what you are saying, Hastings isn't one of those "we gave him a scholarship because we had one" walk-ons. He was battling for a starting position this year. There's no way they tell a 100% healthy Hastings that he won't get a scholarship if he wants to play his 4th year of ball.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

While I get what you are saying, Hastings isn't one of those "we gave him a scholarship because we had one" walk-ons. He was battling for a starting position this year. There's no way they tell a 100% healthy Hastings that he won't get a scholarship if he wants to play his 4th year of ball.

Agreed. He's got a spot if he returns. 

He will be a true senior this year, though. I'm assuming a medical redshirt is in play, but he might graduate and choose to move on. (No idea what his actual academic situation is.)

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed. He's got a spot if he returns. 

He will be a true senior this year, though. I'm assuming a medical redshirt is in play, but he might graduate and choose to move on. (No idea what his actual academic situation is.)

He also never took his original red shirt, so medical isn't even necessary. Graduating and moving on is definitely an option, you are totally correct, though I do wonder if he could find a spot playing some kind of football after Auburn. The NFL might laugh at tiny white boy receivers, but there are other options, and he's got talent.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

He also never took his original red shirt, so medical isn't even necessary. Graduating and moving on is definitely an option, you are totally correct, though I do wonder if he could find a spot playing some kind of football after Auburn. The NFL might laugh at tiny white boy receivers, but there are other options, and he's got talent.

Excellent point. Or he might even find some sort of athletic avenue outside of football, playing or coaching. Sticking around the program a little longer would only enhance/grow the exposure/connections. You're totally right.

And the NFL doesn't laugh at tiny white boy receivers nearly as much as folks around here! /totallyunnecessarybutlighthearteddig

22 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Info Hasn’t been released yet from the player. 

You are so right PTB.  Still no official statement.  So we're all just speculating which is mostly what we do on this site. :-\

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

There's now a VIP article on 247 about Hastings having knee surgery.

So, how'd the surgery go?  What's the rehab prognosis?   You can give us a hint without quoting the VIP article.

14 minutes ago, keesler said:

So, how'd the surgery go?  What's the rehab prognosis?   You can give us a hint without quoting the VIP article.

29 minutes ago, keesler said:

PTB gave us the only hint we needed on page 1 of this thread. :(

On 3/28/2018 at 4:50 PM, passthebiscuits said:

Info Hasn’t been released yet from the player. 

It is pretty clear from other online sources the severity of the injury and the extent of his time off the field..

1 hour ago, logan adams said:

It is pretty clear from other online sources the severity of the injury and the extent of his time off the field..

He released his info day after surgery. His perrogative for sure. 

Quite frankly, I agree that both he and Stove COULD return before the year is up, but I realistically wouldn't hold my breath. I think the coaches were being optimistic with Stove given his tear was a little cleaner. Hastings almost assuredly is out for the year one would guess.

get well soon, guys!

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Quite frankly, I agree that both he and Stove COULD return before the year is up, but I realistically wouldn't hold my breath. I think the coaches were being optimistic with Stove given his tear was a little cleaner. Hastings almost assuredly is out for the year one would guess.

get well soon, guys!

PTB, I hope we are only tagging you in posts from spring injuries and won’t have to do this in the fall. ?

5 hours ago, AidiAU said:

PTB, I hope we are only tagging you in posts from spring injuries and won’t have to do this in the fall. ?

giphy.gif

On 3/31/2018 at 7:09 AM, passthebiscuits said:

get well soon, guys!

To me it’s WAY more important to get the centers recover by August.

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

To me it’s WAY more important to get the centers recover by August.

Good point. I actually think NB will only be out 6 weeks. Structurally speaking, he should be good to go come fall. 

On 4/1/2018 at 1:29 PM, passthebiscuits said:

Good point. I actually think NB will only be out 6 weeks. Structurally speaking, he should be good to go come fall. 

I assume you mean six calendar weeks and not six practice weeks? This and your post about KK have made me feel A LOT better, so thank you.

Archived