Sign in to follow this  
RunInRed

2019 - Top 5 Team?

With all the major players from this past year’s team back, a healthy McLemore, Wiley, (and maybe Purifoy?) this team could be in the Final 4 conversation!

War Eagle!!!  War Bruce!!!

Purify already said he is coming back. Wiley and Mustapha are the question marks. 

• Like 1

Which players are in tbe specifically mentioned @Draftexpress top 40?

Maybe a better team next year. Hopefully go further in both tournaments. But I see no way we have a better record through the first 20-24 games. This season was extremely special for a long time. 

• Like 1

Yes, please. Having inside-out game and a 6'11" who can take over the game if our shots aren't falling is a recipe for a deep run.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, alexava said:

Maybe a better team next year. Hopefully go further in both tournaments. But I see no way we have a better record through the first 20-24 games. This season was extremely special for a long time. 

Getting the regular season wins was very important for the foundation moving forward.  But I'd settle with a few less regular season wins and trade that for a deeper run in both SEC and NCAA tournaments next year and I think we have the roster for it.

I'll have to see how the roster shapes up for next season before i can get behind AU being a top 5 team. But the potential is there and its crazy exciting to be thought of on that level. If everyone comes back including Wiley and Heron then we'll be scary deep 

• Like 1