2019 - Top 5 Team?

RunInRed

Purify already said he is coming back. Wiley and Mustapha are the question marks. 

Maybe a better team next year. Hopefully go further in both tournaments. But I see no way we have a better record through the first 20-24 games. This season was extremely special for a long time. 

23 hours ago, alexava said:

Maybe a better team next year. Hopefully go further in both tournaments. But I see no way we have a better record through the first 20-24 games. This season was extremely special for a long time. 

Getting the regular season wins was very important for the foundation moving forward.  But I'd settle with a few less regular season wins and trade that for a deeper run in both SEC and NCAA tournaments next year and I think we have the roster for it.

I'll have to see how the roster shapes up for next season before i can get behind AU being a top 5 team. But the potential is there and its crazy exciting to be thought of on that level. If everyone comes back including Wiley and Heron then we'll be scary deep 

• 6 months later...

way too early to tell. Depends if Jared and Chuma come back. I assume both do, but you never know. If both those dudes come back along with Mac then this should be a top 10 squad. If Danjel comes back, then whoa momma. What a squad. If all those guys come back and they add a real quality grad tranny post/PF guy. Then we're talking final 4.

3 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

way too early to tell. Depends if Jared and Chuma come back. I assume both do, but you never know. If both those dudes come back along with Mac then this should be a top 10 squad. If Danjel comes back, then whoa momma. What a squad. If all those guys come back and they add a real quality grad tranny post/PF guy. Then we're talking final 4.

The person tweeting meant 2019 as in this season 2018-19 FWIW. Not next season.

Archived