Baseball vs Kentucky game 2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well dang it. AU had 2 on with no outs.....then a double play and a fly ball took care of the base runners.

Bottom of the 1st now. Davis Daniel on the mound for AU.

Nice way to put this...Nice way to put this...I look forward to seeing some guys get opportunities in the Saturday rotation spot...preferably soon. 

Daniels not gonna last long at this rate....can't find the plate....

Nice pitch.....right in the back of the plate for a swinging K....and bases still full...with 2 outs...

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Nice way to put this...Nice way to put this...I look forward to seeing some guys get opportunities in the Saturday rotation spot...preferably soon. 

Unfortunately that may happen. I hate to see any pitcher struggle.

Another BB.....and UK scores the first run of the game.....3-2 pitch was high and tempting but no swing..

Well my stream quit and when it came back there were 3 outs....that's good.....and holding them to 1 run with the mess DD had was pretty good work...

Come on guys. Don’t walk in runs. Important ganed today. I know Venter had been hitting well but I hope we realize the importance of runs today. 7 inning games will produce less runs and thus, runs are at a premium. Get them while you can. Runners on first and second, I’d say we should hunt a few times today 

AU is a team that peaks later in the game. Having only 7 innings in the cold is an advantage for UK. 

I hope the Tigers can get it cranked up pretty soon.

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

AU is a team that peaks later in the game. Having only 7 innings in the cold is an advantage for UK. 

I hope the Tigers can get it cranked up pretty soon.

Yep....no 8th inning rallies today....

And UK with runner on base to start the inning ....BT not going to let this game get away from early today....bull pen active right away...

Only two innings and DD has already about pitched half a game...closing in on 50 pitches already...

DP gets DD out of trouble and the 2nd is done..

New pitcher for UK and  with bases loaded.....fly to left center that was almost misplayed when the LF lost track of it but ball is caught by the CF on the warning track and AU leaves the bases loaded.  Not many hits today but lots of base runners courtesy of UK pitchers who have given up plenty of walks. 

OK they just announced that Ingram was batting and made that out. ....he had pinch hit and was not introduced and it was obvious the announcers had the wrong name....

After the second inning DD has really settled down and kept his pitch total under control much better.....only about 70 pitches in the bottom of the 4th and no more major threats from the kats....

Score still 1-0 favor of kats and AU with only one hit .....going to 5th 

Archived