6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

they say john wayne was a great football player..............lol

He was a decent player not really that great imo

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

yeah i kinda pulled that one out of me arse..............lol

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

But he was a hell of a cowboy. Still love me some John Wayne movies.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

The Searchers best western of all time

i loved the searchers but ti took me years coming to grip with john wayne kinda being a jerk..............truth. i finally did and it is probably his best or dang close to it.

39 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I like "True Grit" best of Wayne's movies. The girl did an outstanding job in her support role.

Might be blasphemy to those who grew up on the original, but the Coen Brothers remake with Jeff Bridges was really good. 

'The Alamo' is my favorite John Wayne movie. One of the great monologues of all time:

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Might be blasphemy to those who grew up on the original, but the Coen Brothers remake with Jeff Bridges was really good. 

'The Alamo' is my favorite John Wayne movie. One of the great monologues of all time:

Both versions of True Grit are among my favorites......I watch whichever one is available and seen 'em both a dozen times....Both girls are great and Jeff Bridges was outstanding in his version. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Both versions of True Grit are among my favorites......I watch whichever one is available and seen 'em both a dozen times....Both girls are great and Jeff Bridges was outstanding in his version. 

Out of likes. I need to re-watch the original. Huge fan of westerns. And John Wayne. Redundant, perhaps. 

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

The Searchers best western of all time

To continue the derailment: "Shane" and "High Noon" would be in that conversation as well. I might have to vote "High Noon"....

Any of the John Ford westerns would be up there for me. Ft. Apache, She wore a yellow ribbon, Rio Grande, stagecoach....

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Any of the John Ford westerns would be up there for me. Ft. Apache, She wore a yellow ribbon, Rio Grande, stagecoach...

Noted and thank you for the recs.

Once Upon a Time in the West with Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson, Jason Robards and my favorite.....Claudia Cardinale.  Dang!!!!  

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

Any of the John Ford westerns would be up there for me. Ft. Apache, She wore a yellow ribbon, Rio Grande, stagecoach....

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance takes my top spot for John Wayne westerns. Lots of good ones from which to choose. 

Archived