Baseball vs Alabama

Pitcher's friend....grounder to Jarvis who made the turn at second and throw to first to get the runner and leave bama with a runner on 3rd and 2 outs...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Line drive to CF and Estes makes another run saving catch and Welby wiggles out of that mess thanks to a couple good defensive plays...so AU still up 4-0

BUT....no walks...so that was a good thing.

Dang....Williams singles to first and is picked off when the outfielder through behind him and caught him taking too much of turn....

Venter follows up William's mistake with a single and Wright is up with a runner on and one out...

Wright follows up with another hit and two runners on for Anthony....

Anthony flies deep and runners fail to advance.

Davis flies to CF and bama gets out of it .....3 AU hits but no runs.....

WM......could be a huge asset if he could throw strikes.....hate to see him making such short stints....gotta be discouraging for him...

And Anderson is not able to get the ball over the plate either.....so we have to bring Coker in to try and save this.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

WM......could be a huge asset if he could throw strikes.....hate to see him making such short stints....gotta be discouraging for him...

And Anderson is not able to get the ball over the plate either.....so we have to bring Coker in to try and save this.

Both those kids are works in progress. I hope they can get on track asap because Greenhill is not going to be available for a long time.

Glad CBT is taking this seriously but hate to waste Coker in the 6th just because a couple guys can't throw strikes....but did not take BT long to make the decision....I like that....

Just now, AU64 said:

Glad CBT is taking this seriously but hate to waste Coker in the 6th just because a couple guys can't throw strikes....but did not take BT long to make the decision....I like that....

Well Mize is the Friday night maverick so hopefully he can finish 7 and Coker won't get much work.

It’s astounding to me how many of todays pitchers have 90 mph plus velocity, play year round travel ball, work with professional pitching coaches, and never learn how to command the strike zone. Not singling out our pitchers. See it all the time in HS and college baseball. 

Archived