Baseball vs Alabama

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU hitters used up all their offense in one inning.....putting the burden on a bull pen / pitching staff without much going for it with Greenhill still out. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

AU hitters used up all their offense in one inning.....putting the burden on a bull pen / pitching staff without much going for it with Greenhill still out. 

Auburn has been a team that doesn't get hot at the plate until the 7th inning so maybe we'll see that trend continue tonight.

HR #2 for Holland ...over 390 mark....and lead is back up to 4......score now 5-1

boomstick.....thanks so much for posting that video.  What a play!

Will Holland with a big homer.....he's been really good at the plate recently!

24 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Both those kids are works in progress. I hope they can get on track asap because Greenhill is not going to be available for a long time.

An article today says Greenhill has a shot to be cleared for the Mizzou series this weekend

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

An article today says Greenhill has a shot to be cleared for the Mizzou series this weekend

I would be very surprised if that happened. 

Thought the audio was just me.....saves me the effort of re-booting my computer.....thanks...:) 

Coker in a bit of trouble....second time around by bama so they have an idea what that side arm pitch looks like  coming at them. 

2 outs and 2 runners on.....UGH....single to center and bama scores making it 5-2 and still has two runners on base.   Gave up a rbi hit on an 0-2 count....dang.....why do AU pitchers make that 0-2 pitch hittable?    Little leaguers know not to do that....

Well......Coker gets ahead and then works the count a bit and then lets it get to 3-2 and a deep fly ball to CF ends the inning.

Bottom of 8th and score is 5=2.   Belle says this is AU's rally inning.   Considering the state of our bull pen, another couple runs might make things more comfortable for us so hope she is right.....

AU batter gave Coker plenty of rest.....slow half inning .....game about 3 hours old now..

Jarvis pops out to end the inning and Coker is ready to come out and try to hold the win.  AU still up 5-2

Coker works the first batter full and gets him on a called third strike for out #1

Second batter up with bases empty....first pitch a ball.....Coker pushing his season max.

Batter lines to Williams in RF for out #2

And AU crowd sensing the win.....on their feet for this batter and fall is hit to Williams in RF and that's it for  the win 5-2.....no drama in the 9th...

Take the series men! 1 down and 3 to go. Gotta win this weekend for sure!

Archived