2019 4* SDE/DT Jaren Handy Commits to AU!!!

LKEEL75

On 5/26/2018 at 9:14 PM, corchjay said:

Kid reminds me of a thin Derrick Brown.  Can see him easily adding 30 lbs and moving inside with that great punch and first step.  Would love to see him in O&B

That's who I thought of too. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CAS15 said:

Ben Wolk just put a CB in for AU.

Sounds like we have been cranking out some defensive line / buck recruiting. What slot would we put him under? I presume DT since we're only looking at taking 1 SDE.

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

What slot would we put him under? I presume DT since we're only looking at taking 1 SDE.

correct. We could end up taking 2 SDE too.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

correct. We could end up taking 2 SDE too.

yes.gif

I don't get many "corrects" from you E... I'm proud of myself lol

Feeling very positive about this recruiting class as a whole!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

We're recruiting a number of guys that could play inside/outside. I'd say Handy, Moore, Gordon, and Pickering all fit that profile. Some would land permanently inside.

• Like 1

Former LSU commit treasured multi-day stay at Auburn

Benjamin Wolk

What does Jaren Handy say about that statement by Moore?

“Definitely, wherever he go, I’ll go,” Handy said. “Well, it all depends, but most likely we’re going to play together.”

That would be a nice one-two punch on the defensive line for Auburn to steal away from the Mississippi schools.

Handy, a 4-star prospect from Hattiesburg, called Auburn his leader after his first trip this spring. He has backed off naming leaders, admitting he doesn’t want to get caught up in visit highs and change his mind a week later. But there’s no denying the Tigers are a fixture among Handy’s top schools list, firmly in the top 5.

His most recent trip — a Thursday-to-Sunday stay — gave him a new appreciation of the program.

“I felt rushed on the last one. I was only there for like a day and left the same day. I’ve just been getting a better feel for it since I’ve been around this time,” Handy said. “I’ve been with the players. Marlon [Davidson], that’s my guy right there. That’s like my big brother. Hanging out with Coach G [Rodney Garner], just getting a feel for it.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Definitely, wherever he go, I’ll go,” Handy said. “Well, it all depends, but most likely we’re going to play together.”

Only because it's from the greatest movie ever and it actually is 100% relevant to the quote from the player to whom this thread is dedicated:

Image result for i don't think that word means what you think it means gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Only because it's from the greatest movie ever and it actually is 100% relevant to the quote from the player to whom this thread is dedicated:

Image result for i don't think that word means what you think it means gif

With a number of recruits this applies to "committed" as much as anything.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

What school got his most recent visit? Was it Big Cat?

Not sure but we put ourselves in a good spot with a 4 day visit then.

• Thanks 1

We need some of the guys we lead for to give us that shot in the arm before the dead period hits.  To get us up around 12 or 13 in the overall team rankings.  Handy and Sheffield would get is close if they’d frickin commit already

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

We need some of the guys we lead for to give us that shot in the arm before the dead period hits.  To get us up around 12 or 13 in the overall team rankings.  Handy and Sheffield would get is close if they’d frickin commit already

Before yesterday Sheffield was the only one we led for that was expected to commit before the dead period.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

What school got his most recent visit? Was it Big Cat?

According to his Twitter, Ole Miss but I think he will commit to us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

CB’s starting to come in for Handy.  Guess we will see this afternoon/evening

giphy.gif