2019 4* SDE/DT Jaren Handy Commits to AU!!!

LKEEL75

22 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

And the best part of that tweet is... #Not1Not2...

So who's 3?

Exactly.. My guess is another from Mississippi eventually.

• Like 2

Tough to get kids from Mississippi. Woodson is paying huge dividends for AU. 

• Like 2

Awesome player & fantastic get! Welcome Mr. Handy to the best school in the SEC. You will accomplish great things on the plains!

WDE!!!

48 minutes ago, CR said:

Tough to get kids from Mississippi. Woodson is paying huge dividends for AU. 

Though you have to admit, it's a little easier when one of the state schools is in the NCAA frying pan and the other is a giant question mark with a brand new staff lead by someone with no head coaching experience and a total of 1-year coaching in the Power 5.  If I were a talented football recruit, I wouldn't be willing to hang 4 years on either of those programs in their current situations.  Sure, we still get to compete with LSU and bama, but it has been harder.

Some Ole Siss fan seems butt hurt on twitter saying there’s a 1% chance he signs with us and a .5% chance he would even qualify. Seems pretty sure of himself but who isn’t on Twitter?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Some Ole Siss fan seems butt hurt on twitter saying there’s a 1% chance he signs with us and a .5% chance he would even qualify. Seems pretty sure of himself but who isn’t on Twitter?

Ole Miss fans truly consider themselves part of college football’s top tier. Very detached from the reality of their situation. 

• Like 2

Jaren's highlight reel looks like that scene from Fast Times At Ridgemont High where the star defensive player thinks his beloved car was trashed by the other team on the highlight reel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Jaren's highlight reel looks like that scene from Fast Times At Ridgemont High where the star defensive player thinks his beloved car was trashed by the other team on the highlight reel.

Great flick 

F58E5C75-1F3F-4F2E-B1B2-1404097CA89B.gif

• Like 1

have we got anything in place to give these mississippi linemen the bong test so we do not get embarrassed on draft night just saying?   lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

have we got anything in place to give these mississippi linemen the bong test so we do not get embarrassed on draft night just saying?   lol

The bong man was not from Mississippi.  He just went to Ole Miss.  The other knuckle head at Ole Miss that tried walking off buildings was from Georgia.  

3 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

The bong man was not from Mississippi.  He just went to Ole Miss.  The other knuckle head at Ole Miss that tried walking off buildings was from Georgia.  

i stand corrected but it was a joke.........you could have just rolled with it.................waves

• Like 1

Updated recruiting rankings as of 6/19/18:

247 Sports - 13

Rivals - 13

Scout - 12

ESPN - ?   I don't have Insider and they only show the top 15 to non-Insiders, which we are somehow not in...

44 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

Updated recruiting rankings as of 6/19/18:

247 Sports - 13

Rivals - 13

Scout - 12

ESPN - ?   I don't have Insider and they only show the top 15 to non-Insiders, which we are somehow not in...

What you have foe 247 Sports is actually the composite team rankings. The Scout link is the 247 only rankings. Scout doesn't do rankings & haven't done them in nearly a year since a bit after 247 bout out Scout.

We aren't in the Top 15 on ESPN because they only update their rankings once a week or 2 weeks. Their last update is on June 14th & doesn't account for 4*s Jaren Handy & Jamond Gordon.

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What you have foe 247 Sports is actually the composite team rankings. The Scout link is the 247 only rankings. Scout doesn't do rankings & haven't done them in nearly a year since a bit after 247 bout out Scout.

We aren't in the Top 15 on ESPN because they only update their rankings once a week or 2 weeks. Their last update is on June 14th & doesn't account for 4*s Jaren Handy & Jamond Gordon.

Ahh.. thanks for the lesson there! Sorry about that. What is the composite consist of? I'm still fairly new to the ins and outs of recruiting and things like this, but I'd love to learn! 

2 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

Ahh.. thanks for the lesson there! Sorry about that. What is the composite consist of? I'm still fairly new to the ins and outs of recruiting and things like this, but I'd love to learn! 

The average of rating services! The best way to get star ratings, in my opinion. Which counts for little on here compared to others.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

What is the composite consist of?

1st of all welcome CT. Glad you are interested

25 minutes ago, toddc said:

The average of rating services!

Well specifically the overall rank order average. For example, a guy can be rated overall on the 3 sites as #1, #1, & #5. Another guy can be #2, #2, & #2 on the same 3 sites. The 2nd guy would be higher on the composite order because his average order on the 3 sites was better. 2 + 2 + 2 =6. 6/3 = overall average of 2.0. The 1st guy would be 1 + 1 + 5 =7. 7/3 = 2.333

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Zeek said:

a .5% chance he would even qualify

One thing about Gus is nearly all of his recruits qualify.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

He keeps hinting that we have a third person coming ?

1FBCD19A-7261-4EA1-98BD-BB1252BCA78B.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 4:22 PM, ellitor said:

1st of all welcome CT. Glad you are interested

Well specifically the overall rank order average. For example, a guy can be rated overall on the 3 sites as #1, #1, & #5. Another guy can be #2, #2, & #2 on the same 3 sites. The 2nd guy would be higher on the composite order because his average order on the 3 sites was better. 2 + 2 + 2 =6. 6/3 = overall average of 2.0. The 1st guy would be 1 + 1 + 5 =7. 7/3 = 2.333

Thank you! Believe it or not, I've been a member since Dec 2013 and lurked for a long time before then. I had just never posted much.

Anyway, I understand your example there. I do have some questions though--Let's use Owen Pappoe for example. On 247, I see he has a rating of .9934 and 5 stars. How is that number calculated? On our 247 team page, I see'Avg' and 'Points'. Our Avg is 90.43, which I have to assume is the average rating for all of our recruits x 100, correct? How is our 190.43 points calculated?

Then on Rivals, Pappoe is listed as a 4-star, but I do not see any numbers. Any idea how they differentiate the number of stars for players? On our rivals team page I see an Avg of 3.45, which I assume is the Avg stars of our players. However, Rivals lists us as having 1255 points. How is that calculated? 

Thanks again for teaching me! These are questions I have always had but felt kind of dumb asking--plus no one up here in Connecticut seems to know even though I am deep in UConn country and CBB recruiting . 

8 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

Let's use Owen Pappoe for example. On 247, I see he has a rating of .9934 and 5 stars. How is that number calculated?

Not sure how they do it but this is how I do it. Rank order of all 3 sites.  Everyone starts at a perfect score of 1.000. Owen is # 8 on ESPN. 20 on 247, & 26 on Rivals. Every spot that is not #1 overall is worth approximately .00013 points. 7 + 19 + 25 = 51.  51 x .00013 = .00663. 1.000 - .00663 = .99337 or rounded up to  .9934.

26 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

Our Avg is 90.43, which I have to assume is the average rating for all of our recruits x 100, correct?

Pretty much.

27 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

How is our 190.43 points calculated?

No clue. They don't give enough details in their explanation of that.

28 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

Then on Rivals, Pappoe is listed as a 4-star, but I do not see any numbers. Any idea how they differentiate the number of stars for players?

He's a 4* with a 6.0 Rivals grade. 6.1 is a 5*. 6.0-5.8 is a 4*. They work their way up to 28-32 5*s in each class.

31 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

However, Rivals lists us as having 1255 points. How is that calculated? 

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-com-football-team-recruiting-rankings-formula

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure how they do it but this is how I do it. Rank order of all 3 sites.  Everyone starts at a perfect score of 1.000. Owen is # 8 on ESPN. 20 on 247, & 26 on Rivals. Every spot that is not #1 overall is worth approximately .00013 points. 7 + 19 + 25 = 51.  51 x .00013 = .00663. 1.000 - .00663 = .99337 or rounded up to  .9934.

ConsiderateSpeedyFluke-max-1mb.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3