Sign in to follow this  
LKEEL75

2019 4* SDE/DT Jaren Handy Commits to AU!!!

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure how they do it but this is how I do it. Rank order of all 3 sites.  Everyone starts at a perfect score of 1.000. Owen is # 8 on ESPN. 20 on 247, & 26 on Rivals. Every spot that is not #1 overall is worth approximately .00013 points. 7 + 19 + 25 = 51.  51 x .00013 = .00663. 1.000 - .00663 = .99337 or rounded up to  .9934.

Could you repeat that I didn't get it all. Sorry.............................. thanks in advance as always

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2018 at 3:22 PM, ellitor said:

1st of all welcome CT. Glad you are interested

Well specifically the overall rank order average. For example, a guy can be rated overall on the 3 sites as #1, #1, & #5. Another guy can be #2, #2, & #2 on the same 3 sites. The 2nd guy would be higher on the composite order because his average order on the 3 sites was better. 2 + 2 + 2 =6. 6/3 = overall average of 2.0. The 1st guy would be 1 + 1 + 5 =7. 7/3 = 2.333

So 2,2,2 ranks the same as 1,1,4?

16 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

So 2,2,2 ranks the same as 1,1,4?

On the composite yes. Not sure how they break ties. Never looked into it.

• Thanks 1

Looks like Mississippi is open for business with Auburn!  Hiring Woodson was a very smart move for sure. Now that the door has been blown off of its hinges, lets keep the talent flowing east from Mississippi to Auburn. Recruiting is fun for sure especially when we get the big guns our way!

• Like 1

Was just coming to post this. That's the 2nd time you beat me today WFE.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Was just coming to post this. That's the 2nd time you beat me today WFE.

IMG_1254.GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Looks like Mississippi is open for business with Auburn!  Hiring Woodson was a very smart move for sure. Now that the door has been blown off of its hinges, lets keep the talent flowing east from Mississippi to Auburn. Recruiting is fun for sure especially when we get the big guns our way!

Wouldn't say the door has been blown off the hinges. Mississippi can be a very crazy state for recruiting. The staff was hoping to get 1-2 from the Magnolia state in this class. Even if we just hold the 2 we have it's still a successful campaign there.

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2018 at 3:22 PM, ellitor said:

Not sure how they do it but this is how I do it. Rank order of all 3 sites.  Everyone starts at a perfect score of 1.000. Owen is # 8 on ESPN. 20 on 247, & 26 on Rivals. Every spot that is not #1 overall is worth approximately .00013 points. 7 + 19 + 25 = 51.  51 x .00013 = .00663. 1.000 - .00663 = .99337 or rounded up to  .9934.

Pretty much.

No clue. They don't give enough details in their explanation of that.

He's a 4* with a 6.0 Rivals grade. 6.1 is a 5*. 6.0-5.8 is a 4*. They work their way up to 28-32 5*s in each class.

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-com-football-team-recruiting-rankings-formula

You're the man! Thanks for the knowledge!! 

I'm so glad we didn't lose him to the University of Auburn. Those guys seem to horn in on several key recruits every year...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1