2019 4* SDE/DT Jaren Handy Commits to AU!!!

LKEEL75

• ellitor pinned and featured this topic

I was a little bummed when I saw Eboigbe to the turds, but not anymore! Waaaarrrr Eagle ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Told ya!

Not exactly going out on a ledge after he tweeted 3 hours ago that he was committing soon.

• Like 1

Awesome! I imagine uninformed  Ole Miss, Miss State and Bama fans think something up with AU killing it right now in Mississippi. Love it! Welcome to the family Mr Handy!

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

WE GOT TWO HANDY’S!

You disappoint Clayton. You gotta finish it....

WE GOT 2 HANDY'S IN A WEEK

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mississippi defensive end prospect Jaren Handy commits to Auburn

Corey Knapp

In a three-day span, Auburn proved its well-established reputation in Mississippi for the 2019 class.

Jaren Handy, a 4-star defensive end prospect from Hattiesburg, Miss., announced his commitment to the Tigers on his Twitter account. On Saturday, another Mississippi defensive lineman Jamond Gordon committed to Auburn. They are the first Mississippi commits for Auburn since Deon Mix in the Class of 2013.

Handy spoke with SEC Country shortly after he told the Auburn coaches, which came about an hour before his public announcement. After his multi-day trip to Auburn for Big Cat Weekend, he knew it was time to commit to the Tigers.

“It just felt right. I just wanted to get things over with,” Handy said. “I just feel the most comfortable when I’m down there.”

Handy ranks as a 4-star strong side defensive end prospect in the 2019 class and the No. 8 ranked player at his position in the country. With Handy’s commitment, Auburn moves up to No. 13 in the recruiting team rankings. Handy and Gordon are the only two defensive linemen committed to the Tigers so far.

Auburn may not be done in Mississippi this recruiting cycle. Derick Hall, Nakobe Dean, Nathan Pickering and Charles Moore are the most likely additions from that state at this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not exactly going out on a ledge after he tweeted 3 hours ago that he was committing soon.

But but but... you said we only lead for Sheffield lol.  WDE

14 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Awesome! I imagine uninformed  Ole Miss, Miss State and Bama fans think something up with AU killing it right now in Mississippi. Love it! Welcome to the family Mr Handy!

Yep. Ole Siss fans crumbling right now.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, corchjay said:

But but but... you said we only lead for Sheffield lol.  WDE

Lol. No. I said of the ones we led with before last night only Sheffield was expected to commit before the Summer dead period. Was referring to Handy's tweets.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 4* SDE/DT Jaren Handy Commits to AU!!!

That about closes out our DL recruiting no?

War Damn Eagle! This is the kinda kid I’ve been waiting to say boom for! One more Mississippi kid I wouldn’t mind picking up ?

24 minutes ago, Zeek said:

That about closes out our DL recruiting no?

No. Counting the Buck position we are taking 2-4 more.

• Like 1