2019 4* SDE/DT Jaren Handy Commits to AU!!!

LKEEL75

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure how they do it but this is how I do it. Rank order of all 3 sites.  Everyone starts at a perfect score of 1.000. Owen is # 8 on ESPN. 20 on 247, & 26 on Rivals. Every spot that is not #1 overall is worth approximately .00013 points. 7 + 19 + 25 = 51.  51 x .00013 = .00663. 1.000 - .00663 = .99337 or rounded up to  .9934.

Could you repeat that I didn't get it all. Sorry.............................. thanks in advance as always

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2018 at 3:22 PM, ellitor said:

1st of all welcome CT. Glad you are interested

Well specifically the overall rank order average. For example, a guy can be rated overall on the 3 sites as #1, #1, & #5. Another guy can be #2, #2, & #2 on the same 3 sites. The 2nd guy would be higher on the composite order because his average order on the 3 sites was better. 2 + 2 + 2 =6. 6/3 = overall average of 2.0. The 1st guy would be 1 + 1 + 5 =7. 7/3 = 2.333

So 2,2,2 ranks the same as 1,1,4?

16 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

So 2,2,2 ranks the same as 1,1,4?

On the composite yes. Not sure how they break ties. Never looked into it.

• Thanks 1

Looks like Mississippi is open for business with Auburn!  Hiring Woodson was a very smart move for sure. Now that the door has been blown off of its hinges, lets keep the talent flowing east from Mississippi to Auburn. Recruiting is fun for sure especially when we get the big guns our way!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Was just coming to post this. That's the 2nd time you beat me today WFE.

IMG_1254.GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Looks like Mississippi is open for business with Auburn!  Hiring Woodson was a very smart move for sure. Now that the door has been blown off of its hinges, lets keep the talent flowing east from Mississippi to Auburn. Recruiting is fun for sure especially when we get the big guns our way!

Wouldn't say the door has been blown off the hinges. Mississippi can be a very crazy state for recruiting. The staff was hoping to get 1-2 from the Magnolia state in this class. Even if we just hold the 2 we have it's still a successful campaign there.

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2018 at 3:22 PM, ellitor said:

Not sure how they do it but this is how I do it. Rank order of all 3 sites.  Everyone starts at a perfect score of 1.000. Owen is # 8 on ESPN. 20 on 247, & 26 on Rivals. Every spot that is not #1 overall is worth approximately .00013 points. 7 + 19 + 25 = 51.  51 x .00013 = .00663. 1.000 - .00663 = .99337 or rounded up to  .9934.

Pretty much.

No clue. They don't give enough details in their explanation of that.

He's a 4* with a 6.0 Rivals grade. 6.1 is a 5*. 6.0-5.8 is a 4*. They work their way up to 28-32 5*s in each class.

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-com-football-team-recruiting-rankings-formula

You're the man! Thanks for the knowledge!! 

I'm so glad we didn't lose him to the University of Auburn. Those guys seem to horn in on several key recruits every year...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Good pursuit, solid HANDwork, and reads the play pretty well. I'd like for him to explode off the line a little more and to get his pad level lower on tackles and when engaging blockers. However, based off how the clip plays out, it doesn't look like he really needed to in this game. War Eagle!

• Like 1

I'd say this guy is probably in the end gonna be our best NFL prospect after college development.  Just think his ceiling is higher then any of our other committed guys.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I'd say this guy is probably in the end gonna be our best NFL prospect after college development.  Just think his ceiling is higher then any of our other committed guys.

If Pickens stays on the straight and narrow and really develops it could be something amazing :wareagle:

This is really a tremendous class

Just now, Zeek said:

If Pickens stays on the straight and narrow and really develops it could be something amazing :wareagle:

This is really a tremendous class

I love this class so far. 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I love this class so far. 

If we could add a RB, two more lbs, and an OT or two I'd be over the moon!

Frankly I think we'll fill each of those spots with 4* studs.

• Like 1

Just now, Zeek said:

I would assume all of those are in the works.  OT being the only one that seems far off.  I actually think we need HS OT and a GT OT.  That'd be my wish anyway.

Just now, corchjay said:

I would assume all of those are in the works.  OT being the only one that seems far off.  I actually think we need HS OT and a GT OT.  That'd be my wish anyway.

I'd be fine with that as well. Maybe even a JuCo option but I haven't seen us in talks with any. Grimes will probably pick up steam as he starts building more relationships again. If our o-line comes out and shows out, after such a rough start last year, that should help convince some recruits that this dude can flat out coach. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

LSU has to implode & other things may have to happen for us to get a 4* stud RB in the class. Corch covered the OL. LSU may have to implode for us to add 2 4* LBs. I think we can get Hopper from Florida but to get Starks we need the LSU implosion. I don't see any other realistic 4* LB options.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

LSU has to implode & other things may have to happen for us to get a 4* stud RB in the class. Corch covered the OL. LSU may have to implode for us to add 2 4* LBs. I think we can get Hopper from Florida but to get Starks we need the LSU implosion. I don't see any other realistic 4* LB options.

Dang, well I'm down for an LSU implosion

• Like 2