2019 4* SDE/DT Jaren Handy Commits to AU!!!

LKEEL75

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

LSU has to implode & other things may have to happen for us to get a 4* stud RB in the class. Corch covered the OL. LSU may have to implode for us to add 2 4* LBs. I think we can get Hopper from Florida but to get Starks we need the LSU implosion. I don't see any other realistic 4* LB options.

We out of it for Marshall? He out of it for us?

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

I'd say this guy is probably in the end gonna be our best NFL prospect after college development.  Just think his ceiling is higher then any of our other committed guys.

Agree. As special and deep as this group is, he just seems to be on a different level. 

39 minutes ago, Zeek said:

If Pickens stays on the straight and narrow

Any reason to think he doesn't?

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

We out of it for Marshall? He out of it for us?

No but he's not a realistic option right now.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Any reason to think he doesn't?

He let himself get a good ways behind on his grades so there is that.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He let himself get a good ways behind on his grades so there is that.

Fair enough. I guess that's part of walking the straight and narrow.

Handy seems like a good student though! (I see what I did there.)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

Maybe even a JuCo option but I haven't seen us in talks with any

JUCO 4* OT Bamidele Olaseni is a name to track.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sounds like the name of some prince from a foreign land! I like it.

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

I watched some of his film and also read his history.  The guy is from London, England he plays tackle at Garden City Community College and played football for some under 19 team in England.  He is big and very strong and seems to have good wheels. He dominated in the film I saw partly because of how much bigger he was against the competition he played against. A few big 12 type teams have watched him and visited him and offered him.  The question is how much of a project would he be.  I think he is worth a shot assuming we can get him to come to Auburn and play for us.

If we are serious about him and he has interest in us probably needs his own thread.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If we are serious about him and he has interest in us probably needs his own thread.

Not sure where AU's interest is in him. Hence the no thread yet.

• Thanks 1

I will have to find it as I don't have twitter but someone I believe posted that Handy is visiting UGA.  Kirby needs to get beat down this year.

• Angry 1

17 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I will have to find it as I don't have twitter but someone I believe posted that Handy is visiting UGA.  Kirby needs to get beat down this year.

36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Do you think he is a solid commitment or is wavering on his word?

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Don't know & not going to worry about it til I see some info leaning 1 way or the other. Regardless UGA is not a threat. The Mississippi schools would be a threat here.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Regardless UGA is not a threat.

I think Kirby has established in the last 3 years that he is a threat to get almost anyone he heavily pursues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Looks like he’s trolling to me

I don't know about that. He's another one that always said he would take visits still.

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I think Kirby has established in the last 3 years that he is a threat to get almost anyone he heavily pursues. 

Just passing on info from people who know a lot more about his recruitment than we do.

On 8/31/2018 at 2:58 PM, doc4aday said:

The laughing-crying emoji seems like he’s not very serious. Hoping he sticks I really like him.

I saw on 247 sports that Handy is a 50/50 between us and Ole Miss. Geeze, why would any quality player want to play on that defense. They are pitiful and will get s lot of points scored on them all season. OM is a step down from Auburn as is MSU. I do feel that he will stay with us though. Garner is one of the best DL coach in the country and likely the SEC as well.!

When OM plays a tough SEC team, they will be exposed for the weak team they really are. The same goes for LSU.  We will expose LSU in 2 weeks and will shut down their offense early and often. Our defense will prove to be too strong for nearly all SEC teams. Just a few rants tonight from the Doc!

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I saw on 247 sports that Handy is a 50/50 between us and Ole Miss. Geeze, why would any quality player want to play on that defense. They are pitiful and will get s lot of points scored on them all season. OM is a step down from Auburn as is MSU. I do feel that he will stay with us though. Garner is one of the best DL coach in the country and likely the SEC as well.!

When OM plays a tough SEC team, they will be exposed for the weak team they really are. The same goes for LSU.  We will expose LSU in 2 weeks and will shut down their offense early and often. Our defense will prove to be too strong for nearly all SEC teams. Just a few rants tonight from the Doc!

JMO, but there O will be dangerous against every team they play. They will put up points against everyone

• Like 1

15 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I saw on 247 sports that Handy is a 50/50 between us and Ole Miss. Geeze,

With all due respect Doc, 1st What you are seeing is not Handy being 50/50 between AU & Ole Miss. Those were just picks made by writers. 2nd. Please don't look at crystal ball picks or %s after a guy has committed unless there has been a string of new picks that came in. In this case the last pick for Ole Miss came on April 17th. The rest of the picks after that point were for AU. Handy committed to AU on June 18th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

With all due respect Doc, 1st What you are seeing is not Handy being 50/50 between AU & Ole Miss. Those were just picks made by writers. 2nd. Please don't look at crystal ball picks or %s after a guy has committed unless there has been a string of new picks that came in. In this case the last pick for Ole Miss came on April 17th. The rest of the picks after that point were for AU. Handy committed to AU on June 18th.

Thanks my friend!  I need to quit looking at that stuff. I do not want to lose anyone who has committed to us. 

• 3 months later...