Brett Hawke steps down as S&D Coach

GwillMac6

David Mines is in charge of the search. You can call and leave a message 334-844-9141. Several people have done that. I am concerned that Mines is a holdover from Jay and we all know how Jay felt about David. As of today, no one has contacted David. This is Allen’s chance to make a great hire. I know for a fact that David wants to return to AU.

Just saw that the University of FL swim coach is retiring. We need to get rolling on this. We need to get our program back to the Elite Status that it once had!! FL will spend $$$ to get a good coach and I bet that they are already working at it.

12 minutes ago, swimmama said:

David Mines is in charge of the search. You can call and leave a message 334-844-9141. Several people have done that. I am concerned that Mines is a holdover from Jay and we all know how Jay felt about David. As of today, no one has contacted David. This is Allen’s chance to make a great hire. I know for a fact that David wants to return to AU.

Why the heck is he in charge of the search? Is that not the job of the new AD. I understand delegation of authority and all that. BUT this is his 1st hire at AU and it’s for the most once victorious MEN’s and WOMEN’s athletics programs at AU.

39 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Why the heck is he in charge of the search? Is that not the job of the new AD. I understand delegation of authority and all that. BUT this is his 1st hire at AU and it’s for the most once victorious MEN’s and WOMEN’s athletics programs at AU.

There is searching and then there is hiring.....does not mean that Green will not make the final decision.    So Marsh is apparently waiting on AU to call him?   OK ...

Dr. Leath wants all coaching hires and upper administrative hires to go through a process where multiple people from different aspects provide a list of names for the final decision. I am currently on one of those search committees but not this one. Just giving you some background. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

There is searching and then there is hiring.....does not mean that Green will not make the final decision.    So Marsh is apparently waiting on AU to call him?   OK ...

1CB339E6-4D4C-4A3C-BC80-7E0298D1A7C1.gif

Mr. Greene's phone number (the department office) is (334) 844-9891.

The email address is athletic_director@auburn.edu

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Mr. Greene's phone number (the department office) is (334) 844-9891.

The email address is athletic_director@auburn.edu

I just fired off an email to AD Greene asking him to bring home Coach Marsh. Let's all do this!

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Dr. Leath wants all coaching hires and upper administrative hires to go through a process where multiple people from different aspects provide a list of names for the final decision. I am currently on one of those search committees but not this one. Just giving you some background. 

Thanks! Are you saying that this could go on for a good while before a decision is made?  I hate layers of bureaucracy that often bog down the process that results in something short of success. Not upset with you, just that it sounds like this will drag on to the point where we cannot get the person who is the best one for the job by the time all of the unnecessary hoops have been jumped through. 

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Done??

lets put on the full court pressure to get AD Greene to bring home the best swim coach out there that has to be coach Marsh!

Well, Dave Durbin is not coming to Auburn, he just signed a three year extension with CA.  We need to get rolling on this and get a great coach to bring this program back to life.

I am not sure what to make of this taking this long. I hope that good things come for those who wait and we get a great coach. My guess is that if it was going to be Lopez, that would have happened. I just have to think it is going to Marsh with my fingers crossed!

Archived