Brahms out for Spring

ellitor

What the F?!!!!!!!!! I expected us to have some sort of attrition like we do every year but....

IMG_1099.GIF

Anyone know where the break was on his leg?  The placement affects the downtime dramatically.  

Signee Jalil Irvin was recruited as a center. True freshman at center anyone? The only possible good thing coming out of this rash of injuries is that maybe we're having a tough, physical spring practice in preparation for an outstanding season. :)

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

@ellitor comes out of hiding just to tell us this. 

I knew he secretly hates all of us. I knew it. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

Looks like distal fibula.

english please?  lol sorry not being smart.....

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

english please?  lol sorry not being smart.....

Small bone outside of calf towards the ankle.

@passthebiscuitsis it on the malleolus or on the shaft?

4 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Looks like distal fibula.

I didn't know there was a proximal fibula.

I broke my tibial plateau due to a blunt force landing. Jammed my hip but didn’t break my femur which should’ve happened with that type of injury, according to the doctor. All that being said, I was back at work in six weeks (was advised it was a 12 week recovery). I was, and am no where near the physical specimens our football players are and didn’t have access to the type of physical rehabilitation that he will have. It’d be a little surprising if he’s not physically ready to go by the fall. He may be rusty schematically. 

19 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I broke my tibial plateau due to a blunt force landing. Jammed my hip but didn’t break my femur which should’ve happened with that type of injury, according to the doctor. All that being said, I was back at work in six weeks (was advised it was a 12 week recovery). I was, and am no where near the physical specimens our football players are and didn’t have access to the type of physical rehabilitation that he will have. It’d be a little surprising if he’s not physically ready to go by the fall. He may be rusty schematically. 

Wow!

Helluva a "landing?" To my (limited) understanding, femur is a big, heavy, strong bone, and (in most circumstances) very hard to break.

5 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Wow!

Helluva a "landing?" To my (limited) understanding, femur is a big, heavy, strong bone, and (in most circumstances) very hard to break.

Biggest bone in the body. I jumped off of about a 20-25 feet landing chasing a guy. He jumped and made it so I thought I could...not so much. My left leg landed first. My left knee went toward my right side side and the top half of my body went left. I was similar to a U. I jumped up and ran a few more steps before the pain got me. I’m sure the added weight of my belt and vest didn’t help. 

6 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Biggest bone in the body. I jumped off of about a 20-25 feet landing chasing a guy. He jumped and made it so I thought I could...not so much. My left leg landed first. My left knee went toward my right side side and the top half of my body went left. I was similar to a U. I jumped up and ran a few more steps before the pain got me. I’m sure the added weight of my belt and vest didn’t help. 

Repeated Wow!, and an added Ouch!

Archived