Spring Practice Update (Injuries)

WFE12

Auburn spring practice observations: 1 healthy center left as injuries mount

James Crepea 

Auburn held its ninth spring practice this afternoon.

Below are a recap of observations from the opening 15 minutes of practice:

• Wide receiver Will Hastings (knee), center Nick Brahms and offensive tackle Calvin Ashley were not at practice. 
    Auburn Undercover reported Brahms suffered a broken leg and is out for the remainder of spring. 
    Ashley was not in attendance due to illness, according to a team spokesman.
  • Center Tucker Brown was in an orange non-contact jersey, leaving Kaleb Kim as the only healthy center at practice.
  • Freshman wide receiver Shedrick Jackson was also in an orange non-contact jersey.
  • Wide receiver Ryan Davis had a wrap on his right knee and H-back Chandler Cox had a wrap on his left knee.
  • Offensive line units 
    1st team: Prince Tega Wanogho Jr., Marquel Harrell, Kim, Mike Horton, Austin Troxell 
    2nd team: Prince Michael Sammons, Brodarious Hamm, Tucker Brown, Tashawn Manning, Bailey Sharp 
    3rd team: No LT, Tyler Carr, Clarke Smith, Ryan Meneely, Trent Kelley
  • Punt returners: Asa Martin, Griffin King, Ryan Davis, Christian Tutt

25 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

What in the world is going on?!  I can’t recall so many dramatic injuries in the spring! 

Me neither! They didn't even scrimmage today and had these injuries. We still got a scrimmage Saturday, more practices and A-Day left. Smh. What the heck...

I think this is gonna be a long year. Really, Im feeling pretty glum about our future right now, and am worried we’ll see a decade straight sweeps at Amen Corner. Our recruiting slipped a bit this year, and it’s not going to get easier. Even if we eventually part with Gus IF WE NEED TO, I fear we’re going to have a whale of a time drawing in a decent coach because of our neighbors.

/vent

At least he’s expected back in fall camp.

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

am worried we’ll see a decade straight sweeps at Amen Corner. 

Umm...40-17 and 26-14

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

I think this is gonna be a long year. Really, Im feeling pretty glum about our future right now,

I have never seen a post of yours when you didn't feel glum about the future of Auburn football. If I ever see an optimistic post from you I'll think those people predicting End of Times is coming soon are correct.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Umm...40-17 and 26-14

That is true. I just hope those two games resonate with recruits. If they do then yeah we’ll be fine.

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

Our recruiting slipped a bit this year, and it’s not going to get easier. 

Um, we had the number three class in the SEC and came in at 11 overall in the 247 composite.  If you can't compete with that, there's a larger problem at hand.

The difference this year compared to others in the last decade is that more schools from other conferences are catching up to the SEC with great recruiting classes.  It used to be to that 4 or 5 of the top 10 were SEC teams.  Not the case last year because great coaches have popped up at places like Michigan, Penn State, Clemson, Ohio State, and Texas.  Throw in Miami's resurgence and you have a recipe for more parity in recruiting rankings.  Expect that trend to continue.

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

Our recruiting slipped a bit this year, and it’s not going to get easier.

If you want to talk about recruiting slipping, that school across the state dropped from an annual #1 to #7. Do you think they are worried about competing?  We only dropped from #9 to #12.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Um, we had the number three class in the SEC and came in at 11 overall in the 247 composite.  If you can't compete with that, there's a larger problem at hand.

The difference this year compared to others in the last decade is that more schools from other conferences are catching up to the SEC with great recruiting classes.  It used to be to that 4 or 5 of the top 10 were SEC teams.  Not the case last year because great coaches have popped up at places like Michigan, Penn State, Clemson, Ohio State, and Texas.  Throw in Miami's resurgence and you have a recipe for more parity in recruiting rankings.  Expect that trend to continue.

I suppose that’s not a bad thing.

And last time I had checked we were 14th. Did not realize we went back up to 12th. My mistake.

Archived