2019 4* WR Jashawn Sheffield Commits to AU!!!

WFE12

Bird, have you seen enough film to have an impression on Jashawn? I watched some film but Most of it was offensive stuff. Off the top, I think his height and athleticism strike me. He has the frame to put on some weight and he will need to. Hope he ends up on the defensive side. It's important to have an elite safety. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Bird, have you seen enough film to have an impression on Jashawn? I watched some film but Most of it was offensive stuff. Off the top, I think his height and athleticism strike me. He has the frame to put on some weight and he will need to. Hope he ends up on the defensive side. It's important to have an elite safety. 

He's only 10 lbs shy of Stephen Roberts (if his recruiting profile weight is accurate- quite possibly already heavier) and Roberts ended up being one of the most sure tacklers on the team. You're right, he's got the frame. 

We might be looking at a Tuberville era-like secondary in a couple years.

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Like you said, most if it is offensive stuff.  I agree that his frame will be an asset.

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...
  • ellitor changed the title to 2019 4* WR Jashawn Sheffield Commits to AU!!!
6 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Apparently he has been showing out this week at the all star challenge.   I know we’re high on him,  but somehow I may have lost track on how high his potential is.   

I would say showing out in flashes. While he has made some great plays this week, he also has had some bad drops including at least 1 for a TD after getting a great release on a slant route.

6 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

When did we go from recruiting him as a safety to a receiver?

We actually never had told him what position we are recruiting him for til last week.

8 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I believe that is what got his signature.  

Actually doesn't care what position he plays. What got him to sign was Gus talking to him multiple times on ENSD & shutting down renewed negative recruiting efforts by FSU & SC.

This kid is way underrated. I watched him play on TV in multiple games and he was the best player on the field each time. He is a much different receiver than Pickens but he will have a huge AU career along with Pickens.

This kid is way underrated. I watched him play on TV in multiple games and he was the best player on the field each time. He is a much different receiver than Pickens but he will have a huge AU career along with Pickens.

He is my favorite recruit in this class and I did not know till this week he could be a stud WR for us!! WOOOO!!!!! Very very very excited for the future of him AND his teammate Simpson at AU.

he was the best player on the field each time.

I should hope so. He played against 1A or 2A small private scholl competition.

Archived