Null



WFE12

2019 4* WR Jashawn Sheffield Commits to AU!!!

Recommended Posts

Bird, have you seen enough film to have an impression on Jashawn? I watched some film but Most of it was offensive stuff. Off the top, I think his height and athleticism strike me. He has the frame to put on some weight and he will need to. Hope he ends up on the defensive side. It's important to have an elite safety. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




27 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Bird, have you seen enough film to have an impression on Jashawn? I watched some film but Most of it was offensive stuff. Off the top, I think his height and athleticism strike me. He has the frame to put on some weight and he will need to. Hope he ends up on the defensive side. It's important to have an elite safety. 

He's only 10 lbs shy of Stephen Roberts (if his recruiting profile weight is accurate- quite possibly already heavier) and Roberts ended up being one of the most sure tacklers on the team. You're right, he's got the frame. 

We might be looking at a Tuberville era-like secondary in a couple years.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Bird, have you seen enough film to have an impression on Jashawn? I watched some film but Most of it was offensive stuff. Off the top, I think his height and athleticism strike me. He has the frame to put on some weight and he will need to. Hope he ends up on the defensive side. It's important to have an elite safety. 

Like you said, most if it is offensive stuff.  I agree that his frame will be an asset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently he has been showing out this week at the all star challenge.   I know we’re high on him,  but somehow I may have lost track on how high his potential is.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

When did we go from recruiting him as a safety to a receiver?

I believe that is what got his signature.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Apparently he has been showing out this week at the all star challenge.   I know we’re high on him,  but somehow I may have lost track on how high his potential is.   

I would say showing out in flashes. While he has made some great plays this week, he also has had some bad drops including at least 1 for a TD after getting a great release on a slant route.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

When did we go from recruiting him as a safety to a receiver?

We actually never had told him what position we are recruiting him for til last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I believe that is what got his signature.  

Actually doesn't care what position he plays. What got him to sign was Gus talking to him multiple times on ENSD & shutting down renewed negative recruiting efforts by FSU & SC.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This kid is way underrated. I watched him play on TV in multiple games and he was the best player on the field each time. He is a much different receiver than Pickens but he will have a huge AU career along with Pickens.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

This kid is way underrated. I watched him play on TV in multiple games and he was the best player on the field each time. He is a much different receiver than Pickens but he will have a huge AU career along with Pickens.

He is my favorite recruit in this class and I did not know till this week he could be a stud WR for us!! WOOOO!!!!! Very very very excited for the future of him AND his teammate Simpson at AU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

he was the best player on the field each time.

I should hope so. He played against 1A or 2A small private scholl competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...