2019 4* CB Jaylin Simpson Commits to AU!!! (4/30/18)

WFE12

image.png

DcCylzCW0AEXnUz.jpg

DcCylzGX0AIw5bx.jpg

“I committed. I’m 1000 percent committed to Auburn,” Simpson said. “I had a great visit. It was my second visit here. My family felt it was a great place for me. I talked it over with them, and we’re all pretty confident. This is the place for us.”

“Coach Malzahn told me I’m built for this place. He wants me here 100 percent, without a doubt. That’s all I needed to hear.”

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-recruiting-jaylin-simpson-cornerback-commit

• Teammate of 4* WR Jashawn Sheffield
  • Recruited by Grimes
  • Offers: AU, Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, LSU, Miami (Fl), Michigan, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio State, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, UCF and Virginia Tech, among others.

Db6BjtqWAAEW9bJ.jpg

Auburn visit ‘changes a lot about recruiting’ for standout defensive back Jaylin Simpson

AUBURN, Ala. — Jaylin Simpson only needed one trip to Auburn to boost the Tigers up his list of favorites.

The standout defensive back from Frederica Academy (Ga.) visited the Plains from Thursday to Friday. He was joined by his high school teammate Jashawn Sheffield who called the Tigers his No. 1 after the visit. Simpson isn’t listing any leaders right now, but Auburn certainly rose up his interest list following the initial trip.

“This trip changes a lot about recruiting for me. I haven’t ever been to Auburn or anything. It definitely changed my mind about a lot of stuff,” Simpson said. “No leaders, but this is my first time coming here. I will say they have jumped somewhere up in the top 3. I don’t really have a specific group or order, but they’re up there.”

Auburn, South Carolina, Miami, Georgia, Clemson and Ohio State are the main programs battling it out for Simpson. Most schools have told him cornerback or safety.

One thing I noticed from his video is he has long strides and is faster than he may appear. He is gobbling up ground with those strides!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 2:06 PM, robbykidd said:

Somebody needs to feed that boy?

For real, a 5'11" football player should be anywhere from 195 to 230 in his position. Time to bulk up bud!

18 hours ago, Zeek said:

For real, a 5'11" football player should be anywhere from 195 to 230 in his position. Time to bulk up bud!

Typically not in high school.

• Like 2

Recruiter is Grimes! Wondering if he would get any credit for a commitment? 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, toddc said:

Recruiter is Grimes! Wondering if he would get any credit for a commitment? 

Of course not. Need you even ask? Grimes landing a top recruit for AU doesn't go with the narrative we've been asked to believe. If this one signs with AU it will be "because some other coach stepped in and saved the day."  Book it! :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Typically not in high school.

Well yes, I'm looking into the future once he starts hitting a college weight program!

9 hours ago, Zeek said:

Well yes, I'm looking into the future once he starts hitting a college weight program!

I don't know too many CBs in college in the 230 lbs range who are 5'11.

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2018 at 3:03 PM, Zeek said:

The only 230 lb safety I know of is Kam Chancellor and he's 6'3. 

Eric Berry is the highest-paid safety in the NFL. He's 6'0, 212. 

Tray Matthews is probably the closest thing to a prototype safety we've had in a few years. 6'0, 207. 

5'11 195 would be great. 230 would make him a middle linebacker. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Tray Matthews is probably the closest thing to a prototype safety we've had in a few years. 6'0, 207.

If only he knew how to take better angles 

I hope we can get him. Once players visit here, we tend to rise to the top of their choices. I think we will have another top 12 class for 2019. Anytime we have a top 12 or better class, we are doing fine. It seems we are bringing in players who can play early for us. This young man should play early in his career I would think.

18 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I hope we can get him. Once players visit here, we tend to rise to the top of their choices. I think we will have another top 12 class for 2019. Anytime we have a top 12 or better class, we are doing fine. It seems we are bringing in players who can play early for us. This young man should play early in his career I would think.

image.jpeg

**Note highlight is in sarcastic highlight....

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Who's your daddy said:

Will be a Tiger.

1 comment. 1 bearer of potentially great news!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! I am down with this. WAR DAMN SIR!

1 minute ago, NorthGATiger said:

Heck yeah

Hope this is the start of a week for the ages on the recruiting front. 

• Like 3

So do I although I tend to be a pessimist lol.  Want OP badly for this class.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

tumblr_mpl7n6QUxi1qjjfboo1_400.gif

Just hopefully not this 

IMG_0632.GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3