Baseball vs Missouri Game 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks to me from where I am like Rod and Paul have it on SEC Network in the booth- by the way, Jay Estes continues to be great in CF, another leather flashing play to end the T2. Good tigers coming to the plate 

Tigers back at Plainsman Park this weekend, Mize on the hill tonight. First pitch of the game went over the centerfield wall for Missouri, but AU counters with two of their own in B1. Jay Estes continues to be a hit stealer in center field, another leather flashing play to end the T2. Good tigers batting in B2 up 2-1.

Davis with a Texas leaguer over short but Venter hesitated as the ball hung up and was thrown out by a mile at home plate. Estes then strikes out to end the inning. AU probably should’ve held Venter at third there. Don’t really know what Gross was thinking sending Venter there, but nevertheless, AU with a 4-1 lead heading to the 7th

B7 and Edouard Julien gets ahold of a pitch down and in and sends it over the right field wall! 5-2 AU

Will Holland, two batters later, hits a deep fly ball off the monster that he THOUGHT was a HR off the bat. Holland started the HR trot, then saw the ball hit off the wall. Knowing he’d be chewed out if someone with his speed hit a deep hanging fly ball off the wall and didn’t make it to second, Holland turns on the jets and just gets under the tag to avoid getting a talkin- to. 

AU, however, can’t get him home. 

Going to the 8th, 5-2 AU 

Oh, wow.  One pitch, one out. 100 pitches and he's done.  My respect for Butch Thompson is close to immeasurable.  Really tempting to let it ride with Mize, but he is doing what's best for Casey.  Just wow.

Archived