Baseball vs Missouri Game 1

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Mize up to 99 pitches and trots back out for the 8th...

And proceeds to throw the first pitch for a weak groundout, and Smith hooks him. The Cobra in to shut the door.

Props to AU Media team for the cool Coker entrance video- if you don’t know the song that serves as his intro, its called “Paper Planes” and it’s got a cool beat and has like 4 gunshot sounds and then a cashier ding at the end, and the entrance video has 4 swing and misses by opposing batters vs Coker, then a pitch and a K looking on the “Cha Ching” part and his got his name in fire ...... idk I enjoyed it.....

oh yeah the game...., coker strikes out the first batter he sees with 3 pitches and then with his fourth pitch, induces a groundout. B8, AU leads 5-2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh Anthony with a 2-4 night now. He’s gotten so good at going back up the middle with pitches; turning into a hit for average guy, and with his fielding, that may be the best thing that could happen to him

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Josh Anthony with a 2-4 night now. He’s gotten so good at going back up the middle with pitches; turning into a hit for average guy, and with his fielding, that may be the best thing that could happen to him

Gotta' believe Gross has helped him with that.  He was completely inept against the breaking ball last year.

Tigers win!! A PHENOMENAL play to end the game by Luke Jarvis, skying as high as he can to snowcone a complete rocket of a liner. Jarvis made about 3 big league plays tonight. My gosh that guy has got some leather! 

Coker in a bit of trouble and with a runner on in the 9th and Jarvis made a great catch to steal a base hit and end the game.    And that's about all I got to see of the game after messing around with my streaming service off and on for an hour.....what crappy service from someone.....internet or cable...not sure which...

But a good way to start the series....

53 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Venter with a HUGE single on a hit and run to score Holland! Runners on the corner now with nobody out! 3-1 AU

Calling the hit and run there was ballsy as all get out. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

OMG......:blink:

I hate frickin snakes....................................stop it not.............................I am going to have damn nightmares now

we have some of longest black snakes I have ever seen in my life here in the mountains. One had to be 6 foot long. Fortunately, they are not aggressive except to other snakes around. We have some nasty copper head snakes here. I killed a 3 footer last summer on my driveway. There is a snake repellent you can get at Walmart that does a decent job considering the number of snakes folks see in my neighborhood. I have to be diligent to keep Sir Maxwell away from snakes. He would try to play with one if he ever encountered one. I am working on training him to hate them as much as he hates elephants!

Great win for the good guys tonight!  1 down and 2 to go!

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Just got to say what a man Casey Mize is amount boys. Damn that guy can pitch and tonight was not his best stuff

You damn right.

He is now 6-0 with a 2.11 ERA.  70 strikeouts with 3 (THREE!!) walks in 47 innings.  For those that don't get crazy about the numbers, a 3:1 strikeout to walk ratio is very good.  10:1 is unheard of.  We are talking about a ratio of better than 20:1 which is other worldly.

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You damn right.

He is now 6-0 with a 2.11 ERA.  70 strikeouts with 3 (THREE!!) walks in 47 innings.  For those that don't get crazy about the numbers, a 3:1 strikeout to walk ratio is very good.  10:1 is unheard of.  We are talking about a ratio of better than 20:1 which is other worldly.

Really ungodly numbers I mean three frickin walks in 47 innings.....just damn

Archived