What Gus said about Second Scrimmage

WFE12

3 hours ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

Yup. It’s happened each scrimmage so far.

Sweet, now wrap him in bubble wrap and stick him in a safe room until September.

11 hours ago, DAG said:

I am trying to figure out how is this the Strength coach fault? Could it possibly be freak accidents? Could it possibly be our d-line is whipping them up front causing these  injuries? Guys getting tied up or folding in the trenches? I am willing to believe that before blaming the strength coach. Blame the strength coach when guys don’t match up on the field against opponents or crazy tired after a quarter of football.

Yes exactly. Football is just a brutal game. I wouldn’t last a series of downs myself at this level. Sometimes I feel guilty just watching it. 

6 hours ago, alexava said:

Yes exactly. Football is just a brutal game. I wouldn’t last a series of downs myself at this level. Sometimes I feel guilty just watching it. 

I understand.

Worry no more.  I'm here for you.  Just go ahead and send me your season tickets.

No point in losing sleep over a guilty conscience.:poke::big:

12 hours ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

Yup. It’s happened each scrimmage so far.

giphy (21).gif

2 hours ago, AUGoo said:

I understand.

Worry no more.  I'm here for you.  Just go ahead and send me your season tickets.

No point in losing sleep over a guilty conscience.:poke::big:

If I had season tickets I would drop them in the mail yesterday. Lol

Read that Willis had a 70 yrd TD run and a 20 yrd one.  That’s reassuring considering the throwing news hasn’t been great.  I hope he can break off some good runs and throws next weekend.  

3 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Read that Willis had a 70 yrd TD run and a 20 yrd one.  That’s reassuring considering the throwing news hasn’t been great.  I hope he can break off some good runs and throws next weekend.  

If that’s true that’s bad news for the defense since they aren’t live lol

I'm confused as to how any of you could question people questioning our S&C coach.  Line our guys up next to UGA, UAT, and LSU guys. All one needs to do is open ones eyes and see the difference... Line them up next to each other... size speaks for itself. 

As far as Gus saying he thinks we have the best S&C coach... Gus has also said a NUMBER of things that aren't remotely true. The way to tell Gus is lying (at least to the press and by extension the fans) is when he opens his mouth. This is nothing new. 

I'm truly in awe how anyone could question people questioning our S&C. 

I am not saying FIRE RUSSELL. I am saying I ABSOLUTELY understand if someone else says that. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Line our guys up next to UGA, UAT, and LSU guys. All one needs to do is open ones eyes and see the difference... Line them up next to each other... size speaks for itself. 

deer-antler-velvet-spray.jpg

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

deer-antler-velvet-spray.jpg

Be that as it may, but there’s no clear evidence that deer antler is any more likely than red meat to provide unfair IGF-1 boosts to athletes.

And if they are doing that, how is it the SEC hasn't cracked down on it? It's clear the NCAA won't do anything, but why wouldn't the conference? 

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a19530946/the-truth-about-deer-antler-spray/

So Malik Willis is struggling in passing? Fearing him and JG are two more Jeremy’s.

EDIT: Sounds like they at least improved in this week’s scrimmage.

12 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So Malik Willis is struggling in passing? Fearing him and JG are two more Jeremy’s.

I'd rather not expect much out of the 2 and be pleasantly surprised.  Better then expecting a hyped up, potential Heisman QB and national championship then have him crap the bed.

On 3/31/2018 at 11:11 PM, WFE12 said:

So how long before we extend the offer to him?

Already Chosen?

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

LMAO!

10 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Be that as it may, but there’s no clear evidence that deer antler is any more likely than red meat to provide unfair IGF-1 boosts to athletes.

And if they are doing that, how is it the SEC hasn't cracked down on it? It's clear the NCAA won't do anything, but why wouldn't the conference? 

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a19530946/the-truth-about-deer-antler-spray/

You do get that Deer Antler Spray is code for illegal stuff happening in the shadows, right? Not saying all of our rivals do it, but there have been some cases with at least one where it seemed pretty obvious that, once access to the "spray" was gone, the player's ability suffered.

The conference has a vested interest in staying at the top. They are not going to kill off their own highest performing teams on the grounds of fairness. The only time you are going to see the SEC step up is if something gets out that they can't bury.

Joey G. Should still be in high school! I think it’s premature to write him off.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You do get that Deer Antler Spray is code for illegal stuff happening in the shadows, right? Not saying all of our rivals do it, but there have been some cases with at least one where it seemed pretty obvious that, once access to the "spray" was gone, the player's ability suffered.

Take your high falutin' metaphors back to the library, Mr. Fancypants. 

The conference has a vested interest in staying at the top. They are not going to kill off their own highest performing teams on the grounds of fairness. The only time you are going to see the SEC step up is if something gets out that they can't bury.

Yup. Michael Jordan's sudden and brief interest in baseball comes to mind. 

5 minutes ago, toddc said:

Joey G. Should still be in high school! I think it’s premature to write him off.

Nobody with a legitimate point of view is writing him off. @Mikey's response to that sums it up pretty nicely. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Nobody with a legitimate point of view is writing him off. @Mikey's response to that sums it up pretty nicely. 

@AUwent just said in an above post that he feared JG and MW were the next Jeremy Johnson and I was responding to that....soooo.

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

@AUwent just said in an above post that he feared JG and MW were the next Jeremy Johnson and I was responding to that....soooo.

Oh, I know. As I said, I think someone else already provided a nice summary of how legitimate Went's point of view is. 

Archived