Null



aubiefifty

Pearl named National Coach of the Year

Recommended Posts





I’ve never heard of this award but congrats anyways. Better than not winning it for sure. 

On another note, the award that’s generally considered to be the National Coach of the Year (AP) has gone to UVA’s coach. Ironic no?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome and yes, well deserved.

 

Thanks for coming to Auburn and making Auburn relevant again. 

Edited by Beaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just a slap in the face to the SEC.  He didn't win SEC CoY and had no 1st team players.  Such BS!

Congrats Coach!!  Well earned.  WDE!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah, but @AU64 says he’s overrated.

;D

Jewish Coaches Association.....You did know that of course  :-\ .......and yep,  I can accept that he might have had the best year among their members...  And happy that he won it.....always nice for a guy to add some hardware to his trophy cabinet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Jewish Coaches Association.....You did know that of course

I didn’t and you got me you sly animal, you. Are only the Jewish coaches nominated for the award?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I didn’t and you got me you sly animal, you. Are only the Jewish coaches nominated for the award?

:)    and that seems to be the case...but it does include Jewish coaches at all college levels.  

The Jewish Coaches Association is a non-profit organization founded in 2005 that supports Jewish-American college, high school and youth basketball coaches around the United States. The association is an advocacy group for coaches to represent coaches to the NCAA and National Association of Basketball Coaches. Founding members include Coach Bobby Schwartz, founding national Director; Bruce Pearl, head coach of the Auburn Tigers served as the first president of the association. Auburn assistant Coach Harris Adler is the current President of the association.

And wow....look who one of the founders was...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

:)    and that seems to be the case...but it does include Jewish coaches at all college levels.  

The Jewish Coaches Association is a non-profit organization founded in 2005 that supports Jewish-American college, high school and youth basketball coaches around the United States. The association is an advocacy group for coaches to represent coaches to the NCAA and National Association of Basketball Coaches. Founding members include Coach Bobby Schwartz, founding national Director; Bruce Pearl, head coach of the Auburn Tigers served as the first president of the association. Auburn assistant Coach Harris Adler is the current President of the association.

And wow....look who one of the founders was...

You have effectively rained on my parade, well done. :sad2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You have effectively rained on my parade, well done. :sad2:

Nah...don't be like that......the guy is a good coach.....and glad he gets the national recognition....things like that are good for the AU program....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

This is just a slap in the face to the SEC.  He didn't win SEC CoY and had no 1st team players.  Such BS!

Congrats Coach!!  Well earned.  WDE!!!

If you'll remember, Gene Chizik didn't win the SEC coach of the year after the 2010 season. Spurrier, whose team Chizik's Tigers beat twice, was given that award. Chizik had to settle for the numerous national awards he won. That same year, Cam Newton became the only Heisman winner to not be voted SEC Male Athlete of the Year. That was given to some tennis player from Tennessee.

Thus, to hell with our SEC "brothers". I root against them at every opportunity except in the rare occasions when their winning helps AU.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

If you'll remember, Gene Chizik didn't win the SEC coach of the year after the 2010 season. Spurrier, whose team Chizik's Tigers beat twice, was given that award. Chizik had to settle for the numerous national awards he won. That same year, Cam Newton became the only Heisman winner to not be voted SEC Male Athlete of the Year. That was given to some tennis player from Tennessee.

Thus, to hell with our SEC "brothers". I root against them at every opportunity except in the rare occasions when their winning helps AU.

AMEN! If Auburn were offered a chance at leaving the SEC and it made sense to do so I'd be all for it. this league is ran by turds and lizards with the occasional touch of thUGA. I'm beyond tired of the way they treat Auburn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2018 at 10:00 AM, NoALtiger said:

I’ve never heard of this award but congrats anyways. Better than not winning it for sure. 

On another note, the award that’s generally considered to be the National Coach of the Year (AP) has gone to UVA’s coach. Ironic no?

Give COTY to a leader of a team that got obliterated by a Little Caesars-tier institution guys 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of the Jewish bball recruits in this country will take notice...may get us a little cultural pipeline.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mikey said:

If you'll remember, Gene Chizik didn't win the SEC coach of the year after the 2010 season. Spurrier, whose team Chizik's Tigers beat twice, was given that award. Chizik had to settle for the numerous national awards he won. That same year, Cam Newton became the only Heisman winner to not be voted SEC Male Athlete of the Year. That was given to some tennis player from Tennessee.

Thus, to hell with our SEC "brothers". I root against them at every opportunity except in the rare occasions when their winning helps AU.

Listening to a post game interview with the 'Nova coach, Jay Wright  and he thanked a couple other coaches from his league who helped  them study and scout Michigan before the championship game.     He noted....."the coaches in our league stick together."       Boy.....would never hear that from an SEC coach in any sport.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Listening to a post game interview with the 'Nova coach, Jay Wright  and he thanked a couple other coaches from his league who helped  them study and scout Michigan before the championship game.     He noted....."the coaches in our league stick together."       Boy.....would never hear that from an SEC coach in any sport.  

Big 10 used to be that way in football until ol' Urban came along and brought the SEC's "every man for himself, win at all cost" philosophy with him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats goes to coach Pearl for being named National Coach of the Year. You should been named SEC Coach Year. Heck, we all saw you and our Tigers beat Tenn at Tenn in our only meeting for 2017-2018.

Edited by auburn4ever
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Media et al getting around to scratching their heads and saying hey, Bruce's post-Person damage control was pretty impressive (and oh btw, it looks like feds agree it makes little sense for a well paid HEAD coach to be the bribed middle-man in an agent's scheme w/ parents to get good players to leave college early). 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

congrats to the best coach in the SEC hands down. Did not know Coach Pearl was Jewish. More power to him, and Shalom to Coach Pearl. I cannot wait to see what surprises he has in store for Auburn Basketball in what I hope will be many years of excellence!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now