Kaleb Kim injures Ankle

lionheartkc

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Just saw a teaser for a VIP article that said were were down to a walk-on at center after injuries. Anyone heard anything?

Not the full article but this is the news you were referring to I guess. Auburn's spring scrimmage featured better ball security, long field goal, another injury

Updated 2:07 PM;Posted 1:55 PM

By James Crepea

Auburn's second spring scrimmage featured less turnovers, another strong showing from the defensive line, an impressively long field goal, but also another injury at center.

Kaleb Kim, Auburn's first-team center, injured his ankle on Saturday, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Kim's injury is the latest to the center position after Nick Brahms broke his leg and left Auburn with backup Tucker Brown, who Gus Malzahn said was back after being held out of contact on Thursday, but mainly relying on walk-ons Phelps Gambill and Trent Kelley. 

At first I thought this was going to be an April fools joke. Hard to believe that many centers have sustained injury in 1 spring 

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

This reminds me of Bowden’s last year- what did we get to 5th string center?

Yep. Seeing Rob Pate’s tweet in the other thread reminded me of his account of that season. Maybe they’ll all be healed up by fall camp?

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Derrick and Dontavious are gonna have a field day next Saturday.

I hope they don’t play.  I hope most of the experienced guys don’t.  Let the young guys play.  We have the same defense and offense so not much to be gained for the older guys 

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Derrick and Dontavious are gonna have a field day next Saturday.

We might have to move one of them over to center!

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Has Troxell ever been mentioned as a possibility at center?

No

Next man up!

Anybody.....................................

(crickets)

Anybody...............................

Buhler?

2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Our D line is stressing our O to the point of extension.  

Seems like we have a dominant line for sure

I'm guessing we'll just side snap the ball for A Day and make the D Line count 3 Mississippi's

19 hours ago, AUBwins said:

At first I thought this was going to be an April fools joke. Hard to believe that many centers have sustained injury in 1 spring 

logo.png

23 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

I guess Malzahn will get blamed for these injuries by having such physical practices

I'd prefer we have physical practices and deal with injuries that way rather than be soft and increase risk of injury in the games

Not to mention, if you're a Gus team you have to be more physical than the opponent or you're going to be in for a long day

9 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'd prefer we have physical practices and deal with injuries that way rather than be soft and increase risk of injury in the games

Not to mention, if you're a Gus team you have to be more physical than the opponent or you're going to be in for a long day

MUHHHHHHHHH MAN!!!!!!!!!! that last line is the most truthful sentence ever uttered on this board!!! I love it tiger!! I want this post framed for the AU fam hall of fame! lol

Archived