Baseball vs Missouri Game 2

Game is under way on ESPN alt channel until the softball game is over..

AU at bat in bottom of first ....

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jarvis makes another great play to get the runner out at first but it is being challenged by Mizzou. Will probably be overturned and runner will be safe. Ball and runner got there at the same time.

Still a great play by Jarvis.

Nice K by Daniel.....94MPH....he's added a little heat since last season I believe....been low 90s today...

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Nice K by Daniel.....94MPH....he's added a little heat since last season I believe....been low 90s today...

He looks pretty confident tonight. I like it.

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs Missouri Game 2
4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Jarvis is having a game defensively. 

He had one last night too. 

He has an RBI tonight also....that one run is because of Jarvis. 

Davis Daniel commanding the strike zone.  That first pitch fastball at the absolute bottom of the strike zone is automatic.  Late (explosive) arm side run on that pitch.

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

That kid behind the plate for Mizzou is a freakin' crybaby.  

What did I miss? I'm folding laundry while I'm watching the game.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

What did I miss? I'm folding laundry while I'm watching the game.

Nothing...I'm just overly critical of catchers.  He's holding every pitch like it's a strike, shakes his head when he doesn't get the call.  He hasn't turned around, but he's talking hard to the blue behind the plate.  Umpire needs to dress him down.

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Nothing...I'm just overly critical of catchers.  He's holding every pitch like it's a strike, shakes his head when he doesn't get the call.  He hasn't turned around, but he's talking hard to the blue behind the plate.  Umpire needs to dress him down.

Gotcha. 

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Will Holland! What was that?

He was pissed about letting two fastballs get by him in his last at bat.  He was looking fastball all the way...got one at 0-2 and yanked it in the dugout.  I would imagine Butch got on him for the way he just walked away from the plate on the dropped third strike.  The late great Sammy Dunn used to scream "run your ass back into the dugout so nobody can get the number of the guy that took that ugly swing!"

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

He was pissed about letting two fastballs get by him in his last at bat.  He was looking fastball all the way...got one at 0-2 and yanked it in the dugout.  I would imagine Butch got on him for the way he just walked away from the plate on the dropped third strike.  The late great Sammy Dunn used to scream "run your ass back into the dugout so nobody can get the number of the guy that took that ugly swing!"

It was definitely ugly. Will is young and he will hopefully mature past  all that stuff. He's had a few bone-headed moments this week...lol.

Archived