Baseball vs Missouri Game 2

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

The Singer vs Mize matchup might be decent.

I will be happy if Auburn wins that Friday night matchup...ecstatic if Auburn wins the series and probably hospitalized if Auburn sweeps again. 

Man that error in left was a killer....DD should have been out of the inning and now we are down a run and he is done for the day....looked a bit too casual on the attempt.....

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That's the perfect example of bad fundamentals.  Two hands people.

Never.  You don't catch a fly ball with two hands unless you're making a throw.

Dang....Venter saved Holland on that one....nice stop and then a questionable throw but got out of the inning with no more damage.   Defense has been a bit shaky tonight  

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Dang....Venter saved Holland on that one....nice stop and then a questionable throw but got out of the inning with no more damage.   Defense has been a bit shaky tonight  

Don't be too hard on Will.  That was a great play and the throw was while he was coming up from his knees.  Excellent scoop by Venter though.  

Just now, mustache eagle said:

My imagination or did DD look ticked coming off the mound?  I assume as CD.  Nice night by DD.

Oh he was pissed and he should be.  That error puts DD in line for the loss right now. 

Man that really stunk. Missouri batter hit it hard and it looked like a double at first, but it hung up long enough for Davis to get under it. He just dropped it. There was a small moment of celebration, but man wish we could have that one back.

In other news, home plate umpire has continued to be incredibly inconsistent.  Foot outside the zone called a strike one pitch, very next pitch the same thing called a ball. 

Holland throws one in the dirt. We’re giving these guys runners.

Just now, mustache eagle said:

My imagination or did DD look ticked coming off the mound?  I assume as CD.  Nice night by DD.

DD is a kid who lets everything show on his face. and he seems to be a little high strung. I'm sure he was upset at having his night end that way. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh he was pissed and he should be.  That error puts DD in line for the loss right now. 

If we’d scored 2 in the bottom of 7th does DD get the win? Or Welby?

Need to get this one tonight. Come on Tigers!

Archived