Baseball vs Missouri Game 2

This loss really stinks a lot. We gave them multiple base runners on errors and had chances to drive in runs. Little disappointed in CBT’s game management tonight too. Ingram, a righty, was batting .162 and has not been terribly reliable thus far. Julien had been hot and is a lefty. Against a right handed pitcher, Thompson left Ingram in there and he hit the first pitch on the ground from a pitcher who had just walked two batters. Then he turned around and subbed Julien in for our best hitter. Now granted, sometimes you have to think about it from how well those guys are performing that night, and Venter was 0-4, but that still just kind of puzzled me.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Its baseball.  If one loss in the regular season makes you sick, then I suggest a new sport for ya.  Bad nights and losses happen quite often in this game.

It's not a Sprint. It's a marathon. Some just insist on treating it like a sprint. 

7 hours ago, AUDub said:

It's not a Sprint. It's a marathon. Some just insist on treating it like a marathon. 

True it's a marathon but even in a marathon, if you trip over a curb, it's still gonna hurt how you finish.     At home and with superb pitching ....that's a game that I expect they will look back on later in the season and regret.   Some games you lose because.....well because that's how baseball is.....but some games get away that you should have won...like this one.

Lots of pressure to win the game today....JMO

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True it's a marathon but even in a marathon, if you trip over a curb, it's still gonna hurt how you finish.     At home and with superb pitching ....that's a game that I expect they will look back on later in the season and regret.   Some games you lose because.....well because that's how baseball is.....but some games get away that you should have won...like this one.

Lots of pressure to win the game today....JMO

Winning today and taking the series will take some of the sting off. 

12 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Winning today and taking the series will take some of the sting off. 

True....but losing games like that one is how a team ends playing it's first opponent in the NCAA baseball tournament ......in Tallahassee...:angry:

12 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

This loss really stinks a lot. We gave them multiple base runners on errors and had chances to drive in runs. Little disappointed in CBT’s game management tonight too. Ingram, a righty, was batting .162 and has not been terribly reliable thus far. Julien had been hot and is a lefty. Against a right handed pitcher, Thompson left Ingram in there and he hit the first pitch on the ground from a pitcher who had just walked two batters. Then he turned around and subbed Julien in for our best hitter. Now granted, sometimes you have to think about it from how well those guys are performing that night, and Venter was 0-4, but that still just kind of puzzled me.

Our best hitter, Venter, is hitting .172 in the SEC. Julien is hitting .133. I don’t have any problem going with Ingram to start the game and hoping we could get his bat going. He also had some good ABs last night. Also don’t have an issue leaving Ingram in for the reason mentioned above. And don’t have a problem subbing Julien for Venter. Righty vs Lefty and Venter had struggled all night (he was 0-4 with 2 Ks). You could make a case that Thompson made some great decisions tonight that just didn’t work out. But I get that people will just look at the end result and say it was wrong. 

Today’s game is one of the biggest of the season so far. Taking two at home is important to do when you have the chance in the league this year. If we don’t win today, we’ll need to steal a series on the road to even it out and will be playing from behind until we do so. Hopefully we can come out on fire 

5 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Today’s game is one of the biggest of the season so far. Taking two at home is important to do when you have the chance in the league this year. If we don’t win today, we’ll need to steal a series on the road to even it out and will be playing from behind until we do so. Hopefully we can come out on fire 

Missed the game but saw the stats....not sure what the team actually looked like during the game but 1 hit and 2 errors won't ever get it done.  Need a big turnaround on Wednesday.   Kennesaw is usually good competition. 

Archived