If we could get one player

creed

If Pearl could sign a Cameron Krutwig type big man it's 2 SEC Championships in a row. My opinion of course :wareagle:

21 hours ago, creed said:

If Pearl could sign a Cameron Krutwig type big man it's 2 SEC Championships in a row. My opinion of course :wareagle:

Is that someone I should be familiar with?

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

Is that someone I should be familiar with?

LOL...probably not. He's the freshman center for Loyola Chicago. He's 6-9/6-10 but can move his feet and has moves in the paint.

Ok.  Gotcha.

I dropped March Madness after we sent our practice team to take on Clemson.

10 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Ok.  Gotcha.

I dropped March Madness after we sent our practice team to take on Clemson.

Our walk-ons would have had a better showing that day.

We def. need a big man to compliment our outstanding guards. This would make the other teams have to respect us inside and should free up our guards even more.

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

We def. need a big man to compliment our outstanding guards. This would make the other teams have to respect us inside and should free up our guards even more.

It is not a foregone conclusion that Wiley does not return. He is no longer projected in the first round as has dropped in the second round towards the bottom. IMO, he benefits with more time in college to actually play a full season before NBA teams will see him as a big time player. He could be one of the Top 15 picks next year 

On 4/1/2018 at 10:41 AM, auburn4ever said:

I think coach Pearl should go out and try to sign 2 Centers from 6-10 to 7-foot.

@augolf1716 I thought he kept these kind of posts for football only?! What is going on here? I FEEL BAMBOOZLED! lol

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

@augolf1716 I thought he kept these kind of posts for football only?! What is going on here? I FEEL BAMBOOZLED! lol

He is expanding his horizons....................scary I know 

13 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

It is not a foregone conclusion that Wiley does not return. He is no longer projected in the first round as has dropped in the second round towards the bottom. IMO, he benefits with more time in college to actually play a full season before NBA teams will see him as a big time player. He could be one of the Top 15 picks next year 

I agree, but we need depth. We got burned in football and bball this year bc 1 player went down and we had no backup plan, so the rest of the team fell apart without that 1 player.

Now that Heron is turning pro, getting another guy might just have gotten a ton more important. Purifoy will step in and play that 3 spot so we should be fine there but that certainly hurts depth. We’re down to Purifoy and Dunbar at the 3. Hopefully we get Wiley back so we can plug in a big guy down low. I think getting a 3-4 guy is now important. Not necessarily a huge big guy but an athletic 6’6 guy with a decent shot and good driving ability. 

Apr 4

Just got off the phone with 6'6 SG Brandon Mahan (Qualifier) of Chipola JC His final list is Texas A&M, Ole Miss and Auburn He visits Texas A&M this week, Ole Miss the following week and working on dates for his visit to Auburn

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Apr 4

Just got off the phone with 6'6 SG Brandon Mahan (Qualifier) of Chipola JC His final list is Texas A&M, Ole Miss and Auburn He visits Texas A&M this week, Ole Miss the following week and working on dates for his visit to Auburn

OK I guess but I keep hoping for some guy about 6'9  250 or so who loves to rebound. 

Just look at this list and pick a couple...    https://www.jucorecruiting.com/2018top100rankings

And just saw this.....the guy we had...    http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2018/04/former_auburn_commit_ej_montgo.html#incart_river_index     going to Kentucky...

15 hours ago, AU64 said:

OK I guess but I keep hoping for some guy about 6'9  250 or so who loves to rebound. 

Just look at this list and pick a couple...    https://www.jucorecruiting.com/2018top100rankings

And just saw this.....the guy we had...    http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2018/04/former_auburn_commit_ej_montgo.html#incart_river_index     going to Kentucky...

Meet Babatunde Akingbola:

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/babatunde-akingbola-180505

Not the 250 you desire but 6'8

26 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Meet Babatunde Akingbola:

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/babatunde-akingbola-180505

Not the 250 you desire but 6'8

Looking forward to having him aboard but about the same size as Spencer.....hoping we find a "banger" among those who might be available. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Looking forward to having him aboard but about the same size as Spencer.....hoping we find a "banger" among those who might be available. 

I've read his game is similar to Spencer's. So a rebounder/defender/rim protector kind of guy is what I'm expecting from him

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

I've read his game is similar to Spencer's. So a rebounder/defender/rim protector kind of guy is what I'm expecting from him

Looks that way...but hoping he's a better shooter.....need some more inside points ....but do I see that he will not be here next season?....show him as 2019....so we still need some help for Spencer this coming season as I still doubt that Wiley will come back.....sure would not be depending on having him back at this point.  JMO

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Looks that way...but hoping he's a better shooter.....need some more inside points ....but do I see that he will not be here next season?....show him as 2019....so we still need some help for Spencer this coming season as I still doubt that Wiley will come back.....sure would not be depending on having him back at this point.  JMO

Apparently, the word is Babatunde will be re-classifying into this coming class. Or at least that's what the plan was for the past few months. I don't know if that has changed.

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Apparently, the word is Babatunde will be re-classifying into this coming class. Or at least that's what the plan was for the past few months. I don't know if that has changed.

Generally that would be nice.....wondering about his age though......another 17 or 18 year old in the SEC meat grinder ?  But we apparently can use the help.  

Bruce is an extremely savvy recruiter that's been around the block so it's a head scratcher to me why he doesn't pluck some of those 3 point shooting giants from the Euro basketball pool (there's a bunch of them). U.S college soccer has shown it's now a predictable & seamless path to getting their youngsters eligible to play over here (even for just a couple years).

Archived