Baseball vs Missouri Game 3

Rubber game. Tanner Burns on the bump for the good Tigers- no score in the T2. 

Home plate umpire has already struck once, calling a strike on a pitch nowhere close to the high inside corner on Anthony, with runners on 1 & 2 with 2 outs. Josh walked away from the box obviously upset with the call and the ump got upset and told him to get back in the box even though Anthony had started to look at Gross for his signs. Butch comes out of dugout to talk to Josh for half a second, then completely rips into the home plate umpire. Said something about “MY players...” 

Gets an ovation from the crowd. 

Burns then misses with the same pitch that was called on Anthony...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're a fan of power pitching, here you go....Burns checking in pretty regularly at 95 and Montes De Oca for UM running it up there at 98.  Both teams obviously trying to be patient and run the pitch counts up.

Holland has not had it these last two days. He’s now 0 for 6 at the leadoff spot  yesterday and today. Hope he turns this ship around today we need him to produce 

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Error on Jarvis puts runner on second with one gone 

This team has been a little unfocused during this series. I wonder why.

And the error bites Auburn bad. Should have been out of the inning on that, and then should have been out of the inning on a pretty bad call the batter before Harris for ball 4. Trey Harris gets an easy pitch to hit over the monster and makes it 4-0 Missouri. Auburn in serious trouble now. 

Saw that slam coming. Harris has hit the ball hard all weekend and has 7 RBIs on the weekend. I was thinking we should pitch him away, not give him anything to pull. Boy did we ever not do that 

Archived