Baseball vs Missouri Game 3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m very concerned about hitting and Sunday pitching. I know the pitching will be better when we get some guys back but the bats are a disappointment. We gotta get better at the plate. 

Just now, autigeremt said:

I’m very concerned about hitting and Sunday pitching. I know the pitching will be better when we get some guys back but the bats are a disappointment. We gotta get better at the plate. 

Been saying that all year about the bats.  We've had trouble hitting decent pitching with any consistency all season.

4 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Burns gave up one hit. Walked a few, but also should’ve been out of that inning. I thought Burns was spectacular except for one pitch and he even hit the spot on that pitch, Harris just guessed right 

5 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Burns gave up one hit. Walked a few, but also should’ve been out of that inning. I thought Burns was spectacular except for one pitch and he even hit the spot on that pitch, Harris just guessed right 

That pitch actually jammed him a bit.  The Harris kid is pretty strong.

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

He’s an insane talent. He’s hit the ball on the screws every at bat but one I’ve seen this weekend 

4 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yup.  It probably stays in a ballpark without a short porch.

Wright flies out to end the threat. 4-0 Missouri, T7.

Venter is in a big time funk. He watched two pitches go right down the middle with 1 our and runners on second and first, then popped up to first. Wright put a charge into one but not enough. Our guys not very smart hitters today. 

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

Have you noticed their pitcher seems to have a "leg" issue?

That whole team has issues.  So much gamesmanship and dramatics...delays.  Just play the freakin' game.

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

Wright flies out to end the threat. 4-0 Missouri, T7.

Venter is in a big time funk. He watched two pitches go right down the middle with 1 our and runners on second and first, then popped up to first. Wright put a charge into one but not enough. Our guys not very smart hitters today. 

Venter is in a funk....Jarvis was in a funk.....Holland has been in one this weekend too....and even Estes who can usually get on base is not doing much. 

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Venter is in a funk....Jarvis was in a funk.....Holland has been in one this weekend too....and even Estes who can usually get on base is not doing much. 

You are absolutely right.  And nobody feels sorry for them, this is good if they can learn from it.  Can't think of a better guy teaching this team through it. 

Harris with another RBI.  Just short of a 3 run  homer.

Wow!  We've helped his highlight reel this weekend.

11 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You are absolutely right.  And nobody feels sorry for them, this is good if they can learn from it.  Can't think of a better guy teaching this team through it. 

I keep hoping that this is the seasonal slump most teams suffer through and when it gets later in the season Auburn will turn on the jets....

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

I keep hoping that this is the seasonal slump most teams suffer through and when it gets later in the season Auburn will turn on the jets....

Funny, I was just thinking that...would rather struggle mid-season than late.  Pretty sure Bruce would say the same.

Now if we could take advantage...horrible slide at the plate for the second out and Brett Wright with the back pick to get the runner at first for out number three.  Going to B8 still down 5-0.  

Archived