Baseball vs Missouri Game 3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU goes down pitifully in the 8th. Strikeout, weak groundout, strikeout. Bats, in a word, have been just that- pitiful. 

Now to begin the ninth, Holland with a throwing error. Multiple AU guys with bad weekends.

Anyone know what’s going on with the challenges? Mizzou coach has challenged three plays today, all unsuccessful- I thought coaches could only challenge one play and if it was successful, that’s when they got another chance....

Not a fan of how Missouri has conducted themselves this weekend but we’ve allowed them to leave cocky as hell.

Wow....just got back home to see the hand shakes.....no runs, one hit 2 errors....must have been a painful game to watch....a bad weekend of baseball for AU.  Makes that loss yesterday look even more damaging.     

As for comments....think coaches get 2 challenges but whatever.....Mizz came to win and hard to blame them for taking full advantage of what rules allow. AU looked pretty passive yesterday....and looking at the stats, might have been that way today.    Hoping the guys are fired up for Kennesaw on Wed.  

22 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Not a fan of how Missouri has conducted themselves this weekend but we’ve allowed them to leave cocky as hell.

Yep, the whining and complaining and antics and nitpicking is a pretty repulsive brand of baseball they play. 

Game ends about like the weekend has gone. 3 pitch strikeout and Mizzou gets a big series win for their program. We go to Arkansas next. After that, we get Miss St and @Bama. Those two are the best sweep opportunities we will get for the sec season, but we’re gonna have to learn how to hit the ball. Would be nice if this team could go 6-3 the next three weekends and get this train back on track. Regardless of how bad this one stings, we’re only two back in the West with some very winnable series’ on the horizon. Anyone up for stealing a few from the hogs? 

28 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Think the BT to MSU rumors are becoming a distraction to the team?

How hot are the rumors.?...only have seen that possibility on this site 

4 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yep, the whining and complaining and antics and nitpicking is a pretty repulsive brand of baseball they play. 

I did not see what you are referring to.

Was that something not readily evident on the TV?  Only saw most of the last two games.

31 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I did not see what you are referring to.

Was that something not readily evident on the TV?  Only saw most of the last two games.

There was an incident late in game two with Conor Davis and their relief pitcher. And they seemed pretty animated from that point on. But they won the games and the series. So, I guess they earned the right to be boisterous. 

7 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Mizzou gets the grand slam.....ugh oh.

TV announcer to the contrary, there's an old rule of thumb in baseball about not walking the #8 or #9 hitter. We just got a demonstration on why you shouldn't do that.

8 hours ago, boomstick said:

There was an incident late in game two with Conor Davis and their relief pitcher. And they seemed pretty animated from that point on. But they won the games and the series. So, I guess they earned the right to be boisterous. 

Boisterous or whatever you call it....they were amped up....and other than the pitchers we looked like we were going through the motions.....6 errors and a team BA of about .100

Hoping they respond Wed.

14 hours ago, AU64 said:

Dunno, just asking the question.

For the most part, the pitching was good enough to sweep.  I wonder if CBP had more confidence in the pen, if he would have pulled burns Sunday before the slam?  At least a pitcher Harris hadn’t seen a few times already.  

I was most impressed this weekend with Daniel with his gutty Sunday start, Burns (because as a freshman he didn’t let all of those 3 ball counts drag him down) and that freaking Harris kid from mizzou ... hope we never see him again.  I’ll give props to Estes and Jarvis for their D and the ho-hum 7+ Dominant innings that Mize repeatedly gives.

16 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Game ends about like the weekend has gone. 3 pitch strikeout and Mizzou gets a big series win for their program. We go to Arkansas next. After that, we get Miss St and @Bama. Those two are the best sweep opportunities we will get for the sec season, but we’re gonna have to learn how to hit the ball. Would be nice if this team could go 6-3 the next three weekends and get this train back on track. Regardless of how bad this one stings, we’re only two back in the West with some very winnable series’ on the horizon. Anyone up for stealing a few from the hogs? 

Not sure I see a sweep on any of these teams. Considering we have been playing sub 500 ball since the conference schedule started, going 6-3 would be huge for this team. Arky, is somewhat like us, looking for a breakout series. They hit the ball pretty good but lost a series to FL and to Ole Miss. They will be looking to get healthy this coming week end.

2 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Not sure I see a sweep on any of these teams. Considering we have been playing sub 500 ball since the conference schedule started, going 6-3 would be huge for this team. Arky, is somewhat like us, looking for a breakout series. They hit the ball pretty good but lost a series to FL and to Ole Miss. They will be looking to get healthy this coming week end.

I could see us sweeping Miss State if we can hit the ball. They’re down this year and haven’t had as good pitching in the last two years as they have had in the past. That being at home should give us an advantage. The Bama series seems to always have our number. Maybe we pay them back this year? We were pretty dominant in the Capitol City Classic against them 

16 hours ago, AU64 said:

The rumors have shown up with more frequency in the last week or so. Most of them are coming from friends or "people in the know" at Miss St. Supposedly, the rumors are somewhat strong in Mississippi. There was a travel ball twitter account that tweeted last week  Butch was a done deal to State, but the rivals mods don't think he's leaving at all. 

10 minutes ago, boomstick said:

The rumors have shown up with more frequency in the last week or so. Most of them are coming from friends or "people in the know" at Miss St. Supposedly, the rumors are somewhat strong in Mississippi. There was a travel ball twitter account that tweeted last week  Butch was a done deal to State, but the rivals mods don't think he's leaving at all. 

Don't mean to add to the rumors (although they will only accelerate between now and the end of the season), but Kendall Rogers at D1baseball also doesn't think Butch has agreed to anything yet, just because it'd be out of character for him.  That said, he did say on a podcast that when Butch left Mississippi State, he (being a hometown boy) had his eye set up on his dream job of returning to MSU as head coach at some point in the future.  Not sure he expected the dumpster fire with Cannizarro to happen and to be presented the opportunity this soon, but this rumor smoke is definitely not going anywhere in the near future.  Can't fault any guy for taking his dream job, although it would really be painful to lose a coach of his quality and character to a division rival.

5 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Don't mean to add to the rumors (although they will only accelerate between now and the end of the season), but Kendall Rogers at D1baseball also doesn't think Butch has agreed to anything yet, just because it'd be out of character for him.  That said, he did say on a podcast that when Butch left Mississippi State, he (being a hometown boy) had his eye set up on his dream job of returning to MSU as head coach at some point in the future.  Not sure he expected the dumpster fire with Cannizarro to happen and to be presented the opportunity this soon, but this rumor smoke is definitely not going anywhere in the near future.  Can't fault any guy for taking his dream job, although it would really be painful to lose a coach of his quality and character to a division rival.

He had the chance to return to State two years ago before they hired Cannizarro. He was offered the job and turned it down. Maybe two years later, he sees it differently, but I don't know that he'd take it now if he didn't want it then.

Archived