Donte Divincenzo

The Plainsman

1 minute ago, The Plainsman said:

Does AU have that type of talent yet?

I think Heron is the closest we have,  but I don’t the see ball handling skills that Donte possesses.  

Maybe or maybe not but he was a 3 star kid from Delaware so bet the big schools were not knocking the doors down to get him....and a redshirt too. 

Gotta give him and his coach lots of credit for what he has become. 

I keep seeing he was redshirted but his stats show he played 9 games in his first year, starting 1 of them -- anyone know what the deal is with that? Am I reading something wrong?

He's played in games over the course of 3 years and is listed as a sophomore.

18 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I keep seeing he was redshirted but his stats show he played 9 games in his first year, starting 1 of them -- anyone know what the deal is with that? Am I reading something wrong?

He's played in games over the course of 3 years and is listed as a sophomore.

See he played as a reserve in a few games and broke his foot......sounds like a medical redshirt was granted...also see he only started about a dozen games this year....mostly their #6 guy it appears.

17 minutes ago, AU64 said:

See he played as a reserve in a few games and broke his foot......sounds like a medical redshirt was granted...also see he only started about a dozen games this year....mostly their #6 guy it appears.

Ah, did not know he had broken his foot. Thanks!

Yes, he is their 6th man. He won 6th man of the year in the Big East apparently. I know he played above his head yesterday -- averages about 13 ppg (very good off the bench), but that is a nice for the 2nd unit for Nova.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23013367/villanova-donte-divincenzo-deletes-twitter-account-following-national-championship-game

I've seen some of DiVincenzo’s old tweets, he was talking about eating dicks, and everything else. 

Villanova put out a statement saying that his account was hacked and that he hasn’t been on Twitter for a couple years but the tweets date back 6 years...

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Ah, did not know he had broken his foot. Thanks!

Yes, he is their 6th man. He won 6th man of the year in the Big East apparently. I know he played above his head yesterday -- averages about 13 ppg (very good off the bench), but that is a nice for the 2nd unit for Nova.

Brunson was the "man" for Villanova but Donte definitely made it dangerous for teams to concentrate just one player.....a very balanced team with some serious shooters who did not go cold when the pressure was on. 

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23013367/villanova-donte-divincenzo-deletes-twitter-account-following-national-championship-game

I've seen some of DiVincenzo’s old tweets, he was talking about eating dicks, and everything else. 

Villanova put out a statement saying that his account was hacked and that he hasn’t been on Twitter for a couple years but the tweets date back 6 years...

From what I see these days I figure any average 12 year old can hack someone's tweets, Facebook or Instagram account.....far as I'm concerned you read and believe that stuff at your own risk.   

No doubt kids post some stupid stuff.....but I don't trust the security on those social media sites......the developers were / are too interested in making money and not much interested in protecting the privacy of their customers......though maybe it's implicit that anyone who signs up and posts on those kinds of sites is not much concerned about their privacy.:dunno:  pretty easy to take advantage of gullible teens. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

From what I see these days I figure any average 12 year old can hack someone's tweets, Facebook or Instagram account.....far as I'm concerned you read and believe that stuff at your own risk.   

No doubt kids post some stupid stuff.....but I don't trust the security on those social media sites......the developers were / are too interested in making money and not much interested in protecting the privacy of their customers......though maybe it's implicit that anyone who signs up and posts on those kinds of sites is not much concerned about their privacy.:dunno:  pretty easy to take advantage of gullible teens. 

His twitter was hacked for a series of handful of years and he didn’t feel the need to delete them once he saw he was hacked? I’ve been hacked before and I deleted on the spot. Donte was just immature and needs to own up to it.

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

His twitter was hacked for a series of handful of years and he didn’t feel the need to delete them once he saw he was hacked? I’ve been hacked before and I deleted on the spot. Donte was just immature and needs to own up to it.

OK...that's fine...but what adult is chasing down tweets from kids? and why?    Kids do stupid things........but an adult must have pretty low standard of morality to be chasing down things like this that might or might not have been written by a teenager....and publishing them.    I didn't want to dignify the link by clicking it....but sounds like the stuff our friend Thamel might do.   

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OK...that's fine...but what adult is chasing down tweets from kids? and why?    Kids do stupid things........but an adult must have pretty low standard of morality to be chasing down things like this that might or might not have been written by a teenager....and publishing them.    I didn't want to dignify the link by clicking it....but sounds like the stuff our friend Thamel might do.   

There is a specific twitter account called “playeroldtweets” ran by somebody that probably has a million followers because of the dark humor that flows from it. I actually think it’s interesting myself as we can see the personality of the kids before they were ever coached up to take interviews. There are other cases as well where I’m sure people are just trying to dig up dirt. Such as tbe case of the Carolina Panthers reporter that didn’t like Cam Newton’s sexist comments. Somebody dug up old tweets of hers which indicated her dad was racist and ended up an awkward situation all around. 

Whats interesting is the hypocrisy of the media regarding such gross tweets. They will shrug this off as one “being hacked” but when a video of a 12 year old mentally not all together kid from Tennessee goes viral because he was crying on camera about his bullies, the media decided to pull the support from the kid when they saw the stepdad had a confederate flag tattoo in an unrelated and completely irrelevant picture that was dug up from social media digging.

35 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That is what is creepy to me. Why are grown man looking at old tweets to rain on someone’s parade? He was a teenager when he was saying these things. I guess some of these media people never been to high school. Wish he never would’ve deleted his Twitter.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, DAG said:

That is what is creepy to me. Why are grown man looking at old tweets to rain on someone’s parade? He was a teenager when he was saying these things. I guess some of these media people never been to high school. Wish he never would’ve deleted his Twitter.

THIS

Also, from being in the stadium the other night, everyone was talking about the show that kid was putting on.  It was cool to watch.

Kids are immature and ignorant by nature. Watch the news lately?

Kid was money. Difference in the game. Period.

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Kids are immature and ignorant by nature. Watch the news lately?

Kid was money. Difference in the game. Period.

Mostly what I've seen lately is that kids are smarter that adults and we should be listening to them and not questioning anything they say.......but maybe that was another subject.....:dunno:

As for DD....he had the game of his life at the right time.....was fun to watch him take charge.....and for his team mates to let it happen. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Mostly what I've seen lately is that kids are smarter that adults and we should be listening to them and not questioning anything they say.......but maybe that was another subject.....:dunno:

As for DD....he had the game of his life at the right time.....was fun to watch him take charge.....and for his team mates to let it happen. 

I must have missed that conversation. :dunno:

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2018 at 2:25 PM, AU64 said:

A bunch of Josh Allen’s tweets have been dug up. Includes the N word and:

Why are you so white ? — If it ain't white, it ain't right! LINK — Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) June 25, 2013

.Maybe he will fall to 24 and be drafted by the Panthers where Cam is traded in explosive fashion to Dallas and Dak to the Colts. 

• 2 months later...

@oldplayerstweets claims another casualty while the player was pitching in the all star game. This time the media is taking them seriously.

http://thecomeback.com/mlb/brewers-p-josh-haders-all-star-game-goes-from-bad-to-worse-with-racist-homophobic-tweets-exposed.html

Archived