Heron declares for NBA draft, hires agent

SCTiger2011

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may sound like I'm rambling. Sorry.  He is good at every thing he does on the court. But, he isn't great at any of it.  when I think of 5 star I think of some one like Sexton who has the most obvious talent to make it at the next level.

He will not get drafted and I'm pretty sure he knows it.  But this is still a business decision for him and he will get paid somewhere and likely a good salary at that. I can't say I blame him or fault him. As some of you have said, it was never in his plans to stay 3 years.  

I commend him for everything he has did for Auburn university.  He was our first five star recruit. He has helped changed the landscape of our program. He will hopefully be the first of a long line of players who choose to leave early.  While we want all of our quality players to stay 4 years we also want to be one of those programs who are so good that we always have to worry about who is gonna leave next. 

With or without Heron next year we are going to be a very talented team. Even if Wiley leaves, we will have talent and lots of it.

I wish Heron the best. thank you for your time and effort sir.

42 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Can’t help but disagree. It’s completely odd to me a player with basically zero chance to get drafted to leave college early. He’s also was not the the most likely candidate that belongs to d.p and Wiley. I love MU and wish him well but this is a mistake 

Agree....I don't watch a lot of NBA but much as I think of him as a very good college player, I don't know where he fits in the NBA....he's not a particularly good shooter, not that quick and an average defender.    Folks who pay more attention to the NBA may have some better idea about that..... but at 6'-5" or so, he does not seem to have a natural position.    Will be interesting to see where he ends up but as TT commented,  he probably already this timeline established in his mind when he came to AUburn ......and if so, it was a done deal after this season.   Hate to lose him because he fit what BP was doing quite well and I'm not sure who might fill that role. 

Reading through this thread proves to me that au64 suffers from the same thing as a4e when it comes to AU basketball, his hatred of CBP are tough to explain.  While easy points u can't make on here, sometimes true colors come out.

1 hour ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Can’t help but disagree. It’s completely odd to me a player with basically zero chance to get drafted to leave college early. He’s also was not the the most likely candidate that belongs to d.p and Wiley. I love MU and wish him well but this is a mistake 

Wrong. But to each his own.

54 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

It’s time for AU to have a current NBA player on roster, I really really hope this works out. 

what you mean?! toney douglas 1 year at AU does not count?! Wait. What's that? He is no longer in the nba anymore?! NVM!!! WE DO NOT CLAIM HIM ANYMORE! I take back what I said! lol. In all seriousness I completely agree with you. Even more ready for 1 to get drafted to. Jamison Brewer pops champagne like the 72 dolphins every year when the NBA draft comes and goes and no AU player gets drafted.

12 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Ya know Adam Silver was talking about letting players go through the process but still let them return to college to play if they so choose...Idk if that's been implemented yet but that would be nice.

They can if they don't hire an agent. Heron said he will hire one, so that's that.

To MH: Thank you for your service.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

No way. Even if guys do not pan out in the NBA there is a lot of good money and a long career to be had overseas. He will make 6 figures and play for 10-15 years overseas. He will be fine. We will look back fondly on his career here. This is not the NFL draft where guys making the wrong decision costs them a lot of money since there is no football league besides the NFL where you can make good money.

Yep

heck, chris porter was still playing pro ball last year.  Never made huge money but traveled the world and made a living playing a game.  There are worse ways to go!

5 hours ago, lutzcammed said:

This may sound like I'm rambling. Sorry.  He is good at every thing he does on the court. But, he isn't great at any of it.  when I think of 5 star I think of some one like Sexton who has the most obvious talent to make it at the next level.

He will not get drafted and I'm pretty sure he knows it.  But this is still a business decision for him and he will get paid somewhere and likely a good salary at that. I can't say I blame him or fault him. As some of you have said, it was never in his plans to stay 3 years.  

I commend him for everything he has did for Auburn university.  He was our first five star recruit. He has helped changed the landscape of our program. He will hopefully be the first of a long line of players who choose to leave early.  While we want all of our quality players to stay 4 years we also want to be one of those programs who are so good that we always have to worry about who is gonna leave next. 

With or without Heron next year we are going to be a very talented team. Even if Wiley leaves, we will have talent and lots of it.

I wish Heron the best. thank you for your time and effort sir.

This

5 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Is he projected at TE or WR?

Screenshot_20180404-213716.png

NOW THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA. However, he has 7 rounds to wait to hear his name called instead of only 2.

10 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Reading through this thread proves to me that au64 suffers from the same thing as a4e when it comes to AU basketball, his hatred of CBP are tough to explain.  While easy points u can't make on here, sometimes true colors come out.

Not sure where that interpretation came from .....but for certain,  I don't hate him.....I just think he is over-rated as a coach....  It's not personal because I think he would be a fun guy to be around. 

He's certainly a showman and I appreciate that he has revitalized the basketball programs and generated some energy for the program but the fact that he has done better than his predecessors does not make him a great coach.     One very good year out of 4...was it a fluke or the start of a run by Auburn basketball?  .    ....let's give him a few more seasons and see how it holds up.   JMO.   

54 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not sure where that interpretation came from .....but for certain,  I don't hate him.....I just think he is over-rated as a coach....  It's not personal because I think he would be a fun guy to be around. 

He's certainly a showman and I appreciate that he has revitalized the basketball programs and generated some energy for the program but the fact that he has done better than his predecessors does not make him a great coach.     One very good year out of 4...was it a fluke or the start of a run by Auburn basketball?  .    ....let's give him a few more seasons and see how it holds up.   JMO.   

Did you feel this way when he was taking Tennessee to top 2 seeds, sweet 16s, and 3 SEC regular season titles in 4 years?

Those accomplishments alone should tell you this is not a fluke and you're totally discounting the basketball hell Auburn was in if you think 1 good year out of 4 is somehow representative of Bruce Pearl's ability as a coach.

13 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I don't think it's fair to point to Marquis Daniels going undrafted because he stayed 4 years. That 2003 NBA draft had LeBron, Carmelo Anthony, DeWayne Wade, Chris Bosh, David West, Josh Howard, Matt Bonner, Kyle Korver, etc....

I think being in one of the most high profile drafts at the time was a major factor in him not getting drafted. I get your point and normally would agree but like I said Marquis Daniels situation is not a good example. 

My apologies, my intent was not to say he went undrafted because he stayed 4 years. I was saying despite 4 years of college preparing for the NBA he went undrafted. I don't need to go too far into detail about how good Marquis actually was -- he was a one man show that took a team to the Sweet 16 with NBA measurables. My point was in response to people saying that staying in college would improve his draft stock when that's not necessarily true. If a kid is mature enough to handle the transition from college hoops to getting paid while playing in a different country or in a tiny town in the G-League while being young enough to still show the NBA that his arrow is pointing up I have no problem with that. I will always support a guy who is trying to earn some money. It just stings a little that it's coming at the expense of what he could've brought to our team next year.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

I’ve known for a while that you don’t like CBP and don’t know why, but I’ve never seen such sentiments from your posts in this thread. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Did you feel this way when he was taking Tennessee to top 2 seeds, sweet 16s, and 3 SEC regular season titles in 4 years?

Those accomplishments alone should tell you this is not a fluke and you're totally discounting the basketball hell Auburn was in if you think 1 good year out of 4 is somehow representative of Bruce Pearl's ability as a coach.

Just remember he also does not like Stidham and thinks he is overrated as well. It is our good luck charm at this point!!!! 64 thinks a high profile current Auburn figure is overrated...... We go on to have good seasons in said sports of the people he thinks are overrated! lol CIRCLE OF LIFE BABY!!! haha

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Was it a fluke when he took Wisconsin Milwaukee to the tourney 2 out of 3 years and one of those years was the sweet 16? Was it a fluke when he took another non traditional basketball power UT to the sweet 16 three out of 4 years and one of those years was to the elite 8? If anything he is underrated!!! He has never coached at a traditional power and yet all he does is win and win big!!!! What will it take for the man to finally get the respect he deserves from you?! WAR DAMN BRUCE PEARL!!!!!!! #Istandbybruce

30 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’ve known for a while that you don’t like CBP and don’t know why, but I’ve never seen such sentiments from your posts in this thread. Hope this helps.

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Was it a fluke when he took Wisconsin Milwaukee to the tourney 2 out of 3 years and one of those years was the sweet 16? Was it a fluke when he took another non traditional basketball power UT to the sweet 16 three out of 4 years and one of those years was to the elite 8? If anything he is underrated!!! He has never coached at a traditional power and yet all he does is win and win big!!!! What will it take for the man to finally get the respect he deserves from you?! WAR DAMN BRUCE PEARL!!!!!!! #Istandbybruce

Hey...it's an opinion forum......just accept it....though what he did in the past is in the past.....game has changed....again.....my opinion and you don't have to agree....

I always enjoy your enthusiasm for the things and people you like.....keep it up. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Hey...it's an opinion forum......just accept it....though what he did in the past is in the past.....game has changed....again.....my opinion and you don't have to agree....

I always enjoy your enthusiasm for the things and people you like.....keep it up. 

Well the present is not to bad either when it comes to Bruce. IT IS DOWNRIGHT FANTASTIC I might add.  I mean he  Only got us our first SEC Title since 1999 and only our third in school history. SO I would say the game has changed and bruce has adapted magnificently. And I believe we won the second most games in school history this season all while dealing with our most talented player out all season along with another starter and THEN we had our rim protector and best defender go down in the heart of sec play. A lot of adversity and yet we are still CHAMPIONS!!!! WOOO!!!! WAR DAMN BRUCE PEARL!!!! Without him we would still be NOTHING in basketball.

Well it's nice to see that I've brought so many people together on this board.....:) 

59 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Did you mean to quote me? I do realize my enthusiasm is contagious though. 

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Did you mean to quote me? I do realize my enthusiasm is contagious though. 

my computer does what it wants.....but when I saw what it had done, I agreed that it had made a reasonable decision.....gotta watch AI these days.. 

Archived