Softball vs. Kennesaw State

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CMD serious about this game...bringing in Carlson with one runner on and a tie game......tie game....

Nice by Carlson to shut down that mini-rally.....still tied.     AU not scoring much these days and seems that CMD did not want Kennesaw to put up another run this late in the game. 

Need someone to come through now with a dinger give KC a little working room. 

Snow grounds it up the middle, cut off by the shortstop and throw in time.  McCarckin coming up

Well.....stream quit right ahead of the HR....but nice to see that 2-1 score when it reconnected....Do I get any credit for calling that one?  

OK....KC gave up a double but stranded her...still 2-1 going to bottom of 6th....would be nice to get one more perhaps..

Shea strikes out swinging.  1 out.    Kendall Veach coming up.  grounder to the left side and throw in time.  2 outs.   Dowell up

Congrats to KC...tied for most career wins at AU......really hard game for AU to win and glad CMD did not take any chances to nail it down.

Nice lineup adjustment by CMD.  Interested to see whether Perry sits the weekend also.  KSU a little tougher than I expected.  The Cutting girl (8 SO) is an SEC grade pitcher.  She has apparently improved from last year when we touched her up for 7 runs on 10 hits.  Last year's game was 4-3 AU going to bot 6, when we scored 3; but Cutting struck out Rivera and Podany with the bases loaded to prevent more scores.

Came in late, only saw the last two innings.  Didn't  have much time to look for Perry in the dugout, or Fornis.  Thought McCrackin had the out at first in top 7.  One thing I'll say for CMD; he doesn't get surprised when the opponent is throwing a special pitcher.  BTW, Florida lost to UCF tonight.

24 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

Don't believe I sat Perry in dug out.  Also, got the impression Martin frustrated about the quick hook. 

She has not looked happy this season.  She loses focus late in games.  When was the last complete game she had?  She and CMD were having a discussion in the dugout after he pulled her.   She looked to be pissed.  I'm not sure what is going on with her.

9 minutes ago, around4ever said:

She has not looked happy this season.  She loses focus late in games.  When was the last complete game she had?  She and CMD were having a discussion in the dugout after he pulled her.   She looked to be pissed.  I'm not sure what is going on with her.

Every pitcher wants to finish a game.....but when the decision is made, it's made.   I'm just glad he did not put in Swindle or Harris at that point.....or leave Martin in the game... 

I thought mid-week games were the ones in which your younger pitchers got their chance and the SEC games were for the top guns? I'm not with the team at practice or in the dugout but unless there were strange circumstances, pitching the young 'uns vs. Ole Miss and using the aces in this one defies logic.

Anybody got any ideas?

Archived