Softball vs. Tennessee

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both baseball and softball have the same issue. Hitting

We haven't been scoring against hittable pitchers.  When the umpire started giving the wide strike zone, we didn't have a chance against Moss.

Yeah, the strike zone definitely helped Moss but give her credit she was consistently on the corner or just off.  I think we will be tired of her before the weekend is over.  She is irritating.  Even more irritating than Lee from Ole Miss. 

Nice job by Carlson. She is money on the mound. I assume Martin will start tomorrow.

The offense: 4 hits total (by 3 batters). Only run scored was by home-run with no-one on base. Hits with RISP - forget about it.

5 k's, 0.154 BA for the game. 

Dean seems to be trying to generate some offense by shuffling the line-up a bit. 

These two teams are pretty evenly matched on the field. Not so sure it is an even match in coaching due to the SEC experience of the Tennessee staff. Hopefully we can salvage the series.

War Eagle !

33 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Yeah, the strike zone definitely helped Moss but give her credit she was consistently on the corner or just off.  I think we will be tired of her before the weekend is over.  She is irritating.  Even more irritating than Lee from Ole Miss. 

Rivera was chasing outside pitches so not sure what might have been called strikes but she was chasing pitches that she had no chance to hit....over eager.

I didn't like making the only kid that's hitting the ball with any consistency sacrifice in the sixth. Bunt 'em to second is one thing but if there's nobody that's likely to drive 'em in..? But anyway.... Unless the hitting picks up it won't matter. To win at the diamond games you've got to have a team that knocks the ball out of the infield with some regularity and we don't have that. Right now we're not much fun to watch. Watching them ends up with me just hoping our pitcher can hold 'em inning after inning, usually without the promise of a rally.

They are an Auburn team, I'll watch 'em and root for 'em every chance I get but it's not a lot of fun right now. That "no DP no throw home" play in the sixth like to have sent me through the roof!

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I didn't like making the only kid that's hitting the ball with any consistency sacrifice in the sixth. Bunt 'em to second is one thing but if there's nobody that's likely to drive 'em in..? But anyway.... Unless the hitting picks up it won't matter. To win at the diamond games you've got to have a team that knocks the ball out of the infield with some regularity and we don't have that. Right now we're not much fun to watch. Watching them ends up with me just hoping our pitcher can hold 'em inning after inning, usually without the promise of a rally.

They are an Auburn team, I'll watch 'em and root for 'em every chance I get but it's not a lot of fun right now. That "no DP no throw home" play in the sixth like to have sent me through the roof!

Game like this you can't make any mistakes....mental or physical...or coaching...

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

I agree.   Infield has to know what the situation is and what the coach wants them to do in that situation.   If we were going to basically concede the run(which I think was a terrible idea), we should have at least gotten the double play. 

Pitching change for tennessee.

How about flip to 2d for the easy force (runner only halfway there) and McCrackin holds the runner on third.?

I think Draper’s hand/wrist is hurt from when she was hit by a pitch on Wednesday against Kennesaw. Go back and watch the replays from Wednesday and her 1 at bat tonight. I think her right hand is still bothering her.

3 hours ago, around4ever said:

Did something happen to Draper?  I know she was pulled for a pinch hitter but then the PH bunted.  Draper could have done that and is much better in CF. 

Draper left the game after her first AB with the hand injury she suffered in the mid week game.

Noticed that of the four SEC games played yesterday they were all won by margins of 1 - 2 runs. We had the fewest hits of any of the eight teams who played yesterday (4). SC defeated Arkansas by score of 2-1 and likewise LSU beat Ole Miss 2-1. Team hits in all of the SEC games ranged from AU's 4 to Georgia's 10.

13 hours ago, 4WDE said:

Draper left the game after her first AB with the hand injury she suffered in the mid week game.

We definitely noticed her not being there. I think she catches the ball Podany almost did. 

Archived