Malik Willis starter?

TigerOne

Could Willis make a push to be the starter in the fall? 

Assuming every player has to earn their starting role.

He's running the show right now so it could be interesting.

Hopefully Stidham makes a full recovery from surgery.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I know it’s Saturday but it’s still a little early to be drinking.  

No

r.gif

Lost most of my confidence in his ability today.  He isn't terrible, but he isn't ready to be a D1 starter.  Way too erratic on the throws, at all levels. 

47 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Lost most of my confidence in his ability today.  He isn't terrible, but he isn't ready to be a D1 starter.  Way too erratic on the throws, at all levels. 

He almost looked to take a step back today.  According to past scrimmage reports he wasn't exactly lighting it up either during the spring and was prone to INTs.

I'm dumbfounded by the OP.  It's Stidham and it's not even close.  R.I.P. 2018 if Stidham gets an injury.. 

*Edit - Anyone else here dislike his body language?  

4 minutes ago, vatz22au said:

He almost looked to take a step back today.  According to past scrimmage reports he wasn't exactly lighting it up either during the spring and was prone to INTs.

I'm dumbfounded by the OP.  It's Stidham and it's not even close.  R.I.P. 2018 if Stidham gets an injury.. 

*Edit - Anyone else here dislike his body language?  

Critique the man's game man. His body language? Stop it. I hate threads like this because it opens up pot shots for the players. MW is nowhere near ready to start. Nor his JG. The offense, in general, looked horrible. You really cannot tell anything. JS went through 7 on 7, but that told us nothing. ZILCH. He has always looked good when there wasn't a worry of pass rush. WRs were very inconsistent. The high marks are the defense and our Kicker. Couple of good runs by the back.

I hope Stidham is ready and stays healthy this fall and *somehow* the OL is better than most expect. Otherwise, today gives me the uneasy feeling that we’ve seen this A-day before and it presaged a mediocre fall.....like just two years ago, lol.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Critique the man's game man. His body language? Stop it. I hate threads like this because it opens up pot shots for the players. MW is nowhere near ready to start. Nor his JG. The offense, in general, looked horrible. You really cannot tell anything. JS went through 7 on 7, but that told us nothing. ZILCH. He has always looked good when there wasn't a worry of pass rush. WRs were very inconsistent. The high marks are the defense and our Kicker. Couple of good runs by the back.

Thought it was pretty much accepted that the A-Day games show us nothing about what to expect in the fall.  Several offensive starters did not play....in fact, as I think about it, the "first team" offense was mostly second team and down considering all the players sitting for the game.    First team defense is all world and likely nobody's offense if gonna look very good against them when the season starts. 

I liked the effort of Asa and Whitlow.....and a couple WRs dropped passes they should have caught....otherwise it was back-ups and walk-ons who got the majority of playing time......and I'm happy they did.  

9 minutes ago, fredst said:

I hope Stidham is ready and stays healthy this fall and *somehow* the OL is better than most expect. Otherwise, today gives me the uneasy feeling that we’ve seen this A-day before and it presaged a mediocre fall.....like just two years ago, lol.

I was convinced we were headed for a losing season after that game. I feel *slightly* better now just because in that one, we had far more starters in.

49 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lighten up Francis.  The critique on body language is something that has been pointed out since last season.  Not judging his character, but it is a needed trait for the position (poise).  Yapping off or rolling your eyes to your teammates when a pass is missed or a fumble is caused isn't fun to watch.  Last season he did the same when he didn't like the play calls before the snap,  when the game was in hand. 

Top qb , projected top rb, top wr, top hback all held out. Yes it was ugly. I had to remind myself of all this. Willis does need to grow up quick but we all need to realize he is still very young. 

47 minutes ago, vatz22au said:

Lighten up Francis.  The critique on body language is something that has been pointed out since last season.  Not judging his character, but it is a needed trait for the position (poise).  Yapping off or rolling your eyes to your teammates when a pass is missed or a fumble is caused isn't fun to watch.  Last season he did the same when he didn't like the play calls before the snap,  when the game was in hand. 

Then don't watch it. Pretty simple. I imagine if it was an issue, Gus would handle that. I am a Carolina Panther fan. Cam Newton does the same things till this day, Phillip Rivers, Jameis Winston, and even the GOAT Tom Brady. Some of these guys wear their emotion on their sleeves, even though I really don't consider that neither here nor there. There is more important stuff to worry about that teenie-bop stuff like that.

54 minutes ago, vatz22au said:

A Stripes quote? Nice!

What we saw was 2 backup QBs out there. Willis was better then Gatewood but both need to be working on their passing skills this Summer. I just hope JS stays healthy all year.

10 hours ago, vatz22au said:

It's Stidham and it's not even close.  R.I.P. 2018 if Stidham gets an injury.. 

Not really any different than last year.  Sean White was dismissed after two games so we were rolling with Malik and Devin Adams behind JS.

Archived