A-Day thread

WarTiger

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Won't matter if we can't run the ball.

Unfortunately if that happens somebody is going to have to step up. I always felt that coming into this season we would have to open up the running game with the pass due to the fact of o-line play and question marks at the RB position . If he wants to prove to be a high draft pick, that is where you start.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Thank God for the Carlson lineage.

will be in field goal range  60 yards or less. 

Fixed that for you. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I hope so. I am wanting the best but he really kind of rubbed me the wrong way in the bowl game and somewhat with flirting with the idea of the NFL. I am just of the mindset that I have to see it to believe it. Luckily it starts on the opening game against browning .

TBH it rubbed me the wrong way too that he even pondered going to the draft but it's not like he has a lot to work on like Malik and Joey. He showed that he is elite in my mind and helped carry us to the SECC game. He just has to fine-tune some things. As a pure passer we're gonna miss him when he's gone....Nix will hopefully bring that skillset.

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

WTH?   What have we been doing for the last 6 weeks? 

Getting a lot of starters hurt.

15 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Any legitimate feedback on the 2 injuries in first half? I saw Dinson hurt and a lineman, but could not stay for 2nd half.

Gonna be a while to get anything verifiable but no major injuries. Day to day stuff. Got until fall to get some warm bodies at center.

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

How do we lose an aday game? 

It almost feels like we did.  At least the offense anyway. 

8 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Gonna be a while to get anything verifiable but no major injuries. Day to day stuff. Got until fall to get some warm bodies at center.

Didn't you say (or at least imply) Brahms and Kim would be back?

52 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

and won't matter if he has no time to throw either. I do think he will be a stud though this year when he has time and will be throwing darts all season long.

True...but he needs to make a decision within a few seconds and pull the trigger.  We learned last year that he can't outrun the typical SEC tackle so no point in trying.....find the target and deliver.....or get rid of it.  

After reading the remarks, glad I chose to watch the Masters instead of A-Day. War Damn Patrick Reed!

I enjoyed going to the A Day game. I like Coach Malzahn, but there is no doubt he puts on the worst spring game ever. Unfortunately, that sometimes carries over to the beginning of the season. I saw some really good things from our first team defense, but we are very thin. Running backs were pretty undisciplined except for Torbert, the walk on. We didn't have much talent playing at receiver but that should sort itself out in Fall.  One thing to fear.... more injuries. We just don't have the depth to keep getting hurt. Defense looks very well coached. But once we run out of Muschamp recruits, we could be headed for hard times.

Are there any stats from A Day posted anywhere? I don't mean just a spot stat here and there, I mean for the game, for all the players. 

21 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Should we be worried about Malik Willis? He looked really good last year.

He’s a running QB who wasn’t  allowed to run, playing with a walk on center and relying on a predictable and vanilla playbook. And playing against a Top 10 defense. So no, I wouldn’t worrry about him, or this team. Cam Newton as 3-7 for 50 yards in his one spring game at AU. Context is important for spring games. 

14 minutes ago, DivisionN said:

But once we run out of Muschamp recruits, we could be headed for hard times.

Derrick Brown, Marlon Davidson, TD Moultry, Nick Coe, Big Kat, Smoke Monday, and most of our current defense are not Muschamp recruits. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Derrick Brown, Marlon Davidson, TD Moultry, Nick Coe, Big Kat, Smoke Monday, and most of our current defense are not Muschamp recruits. 

Muschamp got Davidson to commit. Kudos to Steele for reeling in Brown though.

It's understandable to look at what happened to McElwain--the only reason he won two east titles, aside from the east being what it was those two years, was because of Champ's defensive recruits--but I don't see that happening to us DEFENSIVELY.

That was the worst spring game I have ever watched and believe me I have seen a few. I hope Stidham doesn't get hurt or it is going to be a long season for AU. Miller couldn't hit anybody and when he did they dropped the ball. Not a fun thing to watch and not looking forward to this season.  

WDE anyway !!!!!

Defense looked strong. I saw a qb who didn't have the timing down. I saw an o line that didn't have a center to with protection calls(although I don't know if that's a thing in a scrimmage) and snapped the ball low. DB looked good at WR and RB. I saw a lot of upside for Boobie(chuckle) but has time to learn to make better decisions. All in all it was a spring game with a lot of offensive starters on the sideline. Grain of salt rant over. 

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

Gus is keeping it vanilla.  Very, very vanilla.  I have seen enough vanilla. 

Gus doesnt want to show his hand before season opener? 

1 hour ago, doug3020 said:

After reading the remarks, glad I chose to watch the Masters instead of A-Day. War Damn Patrick Reed!

smart

26 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Gus doesnt want to show his hand before season opener? 

Want matter he'll change the game plan the week of the game like last year

4 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Cannela is only one running hard. Just heard Kodi say "go easy go easy!"

He may go down as the all time greatest practice player in Auburn history.  Still needs to get a friggin' haircut.

Archived