Baseball vs Arkansas Game 2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HUGE screw-up by the officials cost AU. Anthony had the forced out at 3rd and it was denied. Inexplicably they called the batter out even though Anthony did not catch the ball.  He stepped on 3rd to get the lead runner. 

WTH was that play at 3rd?    makes no sense......and arky ends up with runners on 2nd and 3rd......hope the ump had a good explanation because CBT should have been thrown out over that call..........or lack of the call.

So both runners advance....

And single drives both of them in.....Whole thing looks crazy.

Score should be 0-0. The infield fly rule was NOT called before Anthony let the ball fall. If he throws it to Holland correctly, it’s a double play. We are the unluckiest team away from home I’ve never seen anything like it. 

Just now, AU64 said:

WTH was that play at 3rd?    makes no sense......and arky ends up with runners on 2nd and 3rd......hope the ump had a good explanation because CBT should have been thrown out over that call..........or lack of the call.

So both runners advance....

And single drives both of them in.....Whole thing looks crazy.

It was clearly a terrible call and the guy didn't have the guts to say he screwed up. IMHO he thought Anthony caught the ball and the runners didn't have to advance. That was NOT the case. Anthony made the correct play and AU was robbed. Infuriating.

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

HUGE screw-up by the officials cost AU. Anthony had the forced out at 3rd and it was denied. Inexplicably they called the batter out even though Anthony did not catch the ball.  He stepped on 3rd to get the lead runner. 

They said they called infield fly rule before Anthony let it drop, which was a LIE!!!! A bunt should hardly ever be called an infield fly. It was NOT called. That is absolutely terrible officiating by SEC refs that have led to Auburn being down by more than it should. 

never was an explanation about how the two runners were allowed to advance......arky announcing crew so they were quite satisfied with the decision....and what's with CBT taking that call.....should be playing game under protest or something...

I want to be clear about this- the infield fly rule has to be called while the ball is in the air. The infield fly rule was called AFTER the entire play was over. The officials have gifted Arkansas a run. I want that to be clear. It should be 1-0, if not for the incompetency of the officiating. 

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

They said they called infield fly rule before Anthony let it drop, which was a LIE!!!! A bunt should hardly ever be called an infield fly. It was NOT called. That is absolutely terrible officiating by SEC refs that have led to Auburn being down by more than it should. 

I have never seen it called on a bunt. It isn't called much anyway. The guy just screwed up and wouldn't admit it. 

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I have never seen it called on a bunt. It isn't called much anyway. The guy just screwed up and wouldn't admit it. 

That third base official needs a pretty stern talking to by whoever his boss is because that was awful. He was trying to make an atamant call on a confusing play like he knew the ruling and he was dead wrong. What a joke. College athletics officiating is just going more and more downhill by the season. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

I think the Arky fans are amused by the token AU fan applauding. 

Go get yourself a big BBQ sandwich and take big bites.....

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

That third base official needs a pretty stern talking to by whoever his boss is because that was awful. He was trying to make a call on a confusing play like he knew the ruling and he was dead wrong. What a joke. College athletics officiating is just going more and more downhill by the season. 

No doubt. I hope our new AD makes a phone call tomorrow morning. That guy should be suspended.

5 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I want to be clear about this- the infield fly rule has to be called while the ball is in the air. The infield fly rule was called AFTER the entire play was over. The officials have gifted Arkansas a run. I want that to be clear. It should be 1-0, if not for the incompetency of the officiating. 

A bunt cannot result in an infield fly per the rules of college baseball.  IDK the major league rule, but the problem shouldn't have been when it was called; the problem is you CANT make that call in college.  Umpire better be suspended

Gonna be a hard game...some questionable calls by ump......and then DD makes a throwing error to allow a run to score.....and two runners on and no outs.  Afraid I'm gonna lose interest in this game if AU does not show a bit more life....

Put every backup in this game.  Already 4-0 and I can easily spot 3 specific players who don't care if they're in or not.  

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Never seen a lazier bunch of baseball players. Pathetic. 

This seems harsh but I would agree with this partially. We really look like we have been just going through the motions since the Sunday Kentucky game. 

4-0 Arkansas now 

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

A bunt cannot result in an infield fly per the rules of college baseball.  IDK the major league rule, but the problem shouldn't have been when it was called; the problem is you CANT make that call in college.  Umpire better be suspended

Maybe that's why I've never seen it called.  

Archived